GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Standard tires on OEM 21”rim

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2019, 04:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 GLC AMG 43
Standard tires on OEM 21”rim

I shall like to change the runflats tires to standard tires on my 18 MB GLC AMG 43 with OEM 21” rims.
one tire dealer told me that standard tires will not sit properly on the 21” OEM rims because the lips are designed for runflat.
Can anyone share ur experience.
Thanks so much
KR
Old 12-22-2019, 12:47 PM
Zap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glc
I've never heard of this.. don't know about you but where I am there are probably at least 10-20 tyre shops and garages that do tyres in a 1 mile distance.. ask at a few others and get their opinion.

If you do go for it then get part worn and confirm if they'll swap them back out if you do run into issues within the first week or so.

I've got 21" glc65 rims on mine but they were put on there by the previous owner. Got non-runflats on there.
Old 12-22-2019, 06:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 GLC AMG 43
Thanks for the reply.
I shall assume that ur OE tires were runflats.
i have been following another related thread “21” replacement tires” which seeks to find alternative size tires in lieu of hard to find OE sizes for front and rear.
from what i gather from ur experience and others as per other thread, standard tires have been fitted on the OE 21” rims.
The other discussion alludes to sizes: front 265 40 21 and rear 295 35 21 could replace the OE 255 40 21 and 285 35 21. The main reason being availability, and, using all seasons, will eliminate having to obtain a full winter set up.
this is where i am right now: change the sizes to obtain all seasons, to avoid the crabbing or change only the front. The rear tires are still good.
Not sure whether i can use standard all season at front with the OE runflats at the back.
thanks for any thoughts.
Kenny r

Originally Posted by Zap
I've never heard of this.. don't know about you but where I am there are probably at least 10-20 tyre shops and garages that do tyres in a 1 mile distance.. ask at a few others and get their opinion.

If you do go for it then get part worn and confirm if they'll swap them back out if you do run into issues within the first week or so.

I've got 21" glc65 rims on mine but they were put on there by the previous owner. Got non-runflats on there.