GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Distronic cruise control vs. regular cruise control

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2020, 08:21 PM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 GLC300
Distronic cruise control vs. regular cruise control

Still trying to figure out all of the various technology items on my 2020GLC.....sometimes it is a little overwhelming and the last thing I want to do is trying to figure this stuff out while driving.

The issue that I cannot for the life of me figure out is the interrelationship between the regular cruise control vs. the distronic cruise control. The settings on the car from the manufacturer had the distronic cruise control as active. I have used the distronic cruise control and it works as advertised.

My issue is that I cannot get the regular cruise control to work. I am wondering if the fact that distronic is active, does that render the regular cruise control as inactive. It is the only possible explanation that I can come up with. Intellectually, it doesn't make sense to me; however, I guess it is always a possibility.
Does anyone on this discussion forum have experience with this? I don't want to make a special visit to the dealership if I can help it.
Old 01-11-2020, 08:26 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
2019 GLC300 4matic
If you have the Distronic you don't have the "regular" cruise control. You set the Distronic and it works like the regular cruise but keeps you from running into the car in front of you. A nice upgrade.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:11 PM

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
In the prior generation, you can turn off the steering assist, but cannot turn off the adaptive cruise. - i.e. it slows down when cars are ahead of you can as reported in other posts does a number wearing out the rear brakes. My guess would be 2020 probably has the same logic.
Old 01-13-2020, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
You can turn off steering assist and lane keeping assist. The buttons are on dash between the steering wheel and the door hinge. There is no "regular" cruise control on a model with distronic as there is no need for it. I'm not sure how to control the following distance on the 2020 models. Before the facelift, you used to control following distance with a rotary knob on the end of the small stalk off of the steering column.
Old 01-13-2020, 11:55 PM

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
2020 GLC 300
On the 2020 model it's on the face of the steering wheel. The innermost rocker controls proximity, the middle rocker controls cruise speed, and the outermost rocker lets you cancel/resume.