GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Purchase help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2020, 07:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BMW Z4
Purchase help

I am going today to look at, and drive a 2018 GLC300, that is being returned off a lease. It is still in the possession of the lease holder. It has 24K miles, and is loaded with many options I don't see on most of these models.

Here are my concerns. Once returned to the Dealer, what inspections, preparations, etc, can I expect to be done. with 24K miles and being 2 years old, should the Dealer do an A or B Service? I would typically keep this car another 4 years, and add another 40k miles. Should I consider a prepaid maintenance plan and extended warranty? From what I can tell from reading the Maintenance Booklet, most of the Service A & B items are "check" with few "replace" items. I am fully capable of changing the oil and filters, but are there items that I cannot do or would be better taking to the Dealer.

This is my first MB, so I would value your opinion on these concerns.

Last edited by jmelong; 01-31-2020 at 09:14 PM.
Old 02-01-2020, 07:41 PM

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
A should ahve been done at 10k miles and B at 20k miles
at 30k miles its an oil change basically and youre right a bunch of check items, as well as replace wipers
at 40k would be oil change wipers a couple of filters and brake fluid i think
i bught an MB new and bought maintenance contract only because if anything breaks im assuming its big $$ so for 7 years i have less worries
i bought ABA prepaid. not sure if i will buy BAB as i may just change oil every 10k and im sure will be cheaper than maintenace contract
Old 02-02-2020, 06:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BMW Z4
Thanks for that insight. I will discuss the prepaid maintenance as well as extended Warranty when I go to the Dealer this week.