GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Blind Spot Mirror Alert does not lite

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2020, 05:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2020 GLC300 4matic
Blind Spot Mirror Alert does not lite

I sure I'm doing something wrong, I'm old and the car is new with amazing features--I'm giving it my best. First M-B, it's a delight. My wife and I have our profiles setup, both with Blind Spot monitoring activated the best I can tell. In my profile, both outside mirror's warning triangle light as designed; when in my wife's profile, they do not. If I activate the turn signal in a "warned" space by looking back in wife's profile, I get the audible warning tone inside the car but still no outside mirror warning light. What am I doing wrong? When we picked up the car, they worked perfectly. I'm sure I did something wrong while setting other configurations during profile setup. Could go to "factory resets" but would like to not have to reconfigure lots of stuff I've already done. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Ken
Old 02-03-2020, 04:51 PM

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
'17 BMW X3, '18 GLC300 4Matic
I have an ‘18 GLC300 4Matic and as far as I can remember, I didn’t set anything up in a “profile” to indicate whether I wanted Blind Spot Assist on or off. That may very well be an option on 2020 just like seat position and audio preferences can be saved. But I would think you would ALWAYS want BSA “on” unless it was really annoying like my sisters older Volvo was. I find the BSA very unintrusive on my GLC.
My guess is, if BSA is something you set up in your profile, it may not work unless you open the door and start the car with your WIFE’S key fob. In other words, if you just go to your wife’s profile after opening the driver door and starting it with YOUR fob, the car may be confused. Try using your wife’s fob when you open the driver door and starting the car and see if it works then. I’m an older guy too and need all the help I can get.
Old 02-03-2020, 10:51 PM

2020 GLC300 4matic
Thumbs up

Vaboy, thanks for the reply. Indicators are at full operation as of wife's morning drive to work. I believe somewhere in your reply was the answer, multiple drivers, multiple fobs, multiple profiles, unit start, open close the door. When she started the day with her fob to unlock, got in, set her seat, tapped her profile and cranked--all was well. I appreciate you.

Ken
Old 02-03-2020, 11:13 PM

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
'17 BMW X3, '18 GLC300 4Matic
Glad everything seems to work correctly when the “correct” fob is being used. Couple of questions though. I’m surprised your wife has to “set her seat” and “tap her profile” when she gets in. I’m embarrassed to say, but my wife never drives my car and we’ve never saved a seat position for her. But I would have to think that IF you’ve save her desired seat settings as the number 2 saved seat position, assuming you are the number 1 saved seat position, that it would go to it automatically as she opens the driver door to get in. That’s the way it works in my wife’s BMW X3. And I would also assume her profile would be picked up automatically as well with no tapping involved. But maybe it’s giving you a chance to maybe change it to your profile if, by chance, you were driving the car but using her fob. Both of our profiles pop up in the X3 but it’s already selected mine if I’ve opened the driver door and started her car. Of course the profiles need to be correct for who’s driving as Bluetooth operation and whose phone is used if you initiate a call from the steering wheel is probably controlled in the profile as well.
I just hate for her to be going through more motions than she needs to. These are pretty smart cars.
Old 02-04-2020, 08:35 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2020 GLC, 2022 C
The seat-memory is not tied to a key fob in the GLC (I can't speak for certain for pre 2020, but for sure on the latest MY). It's not even tied to the user-profile. It is still a logically separate setting in the vehicle.

I understand that on different models it works differently (it may be tied to the user's profile, but I don't think any of the MB cars have it tied to a key fob). Unfortunately, on the GLC, you have to select your MBUX profile and also press and hold your seat memory number.

I wish they'd tie them together with a software update. IDK why it's not already. You can set your "Easy Entry/Exit" in the profile, so it obviously can control the seat!
Old 02-04-2020, 09:56 AM

2020 GLC300 4matic
Thumbs up

aweber1nj beat me to it--"What he said." But thanks again vaboy.

Ken