GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Mercedes Benz ME app (Canada) refuses to log on.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 GLC
Mercedes Benz ME app (Canada) refuses to log on.

I've been trying for the last two days to log into the Mercedes Benz ME app for the last two days to use my remote start and it keeps saying connection issues, try again later.
I thought the whole point of a convenient remote app with remote start is to warm up your car, especially when it's -19c outside.
I've deleted and reinstalled the app and still, no dice.
What's going on? Is there any plan to fix this?
​​​​​​
​​​​
Old 02-04-2020, 08:40 PM

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
2017 GLC 300
Originally Posted by Ophelia Ijeh
I've been trying for the last two days to log into the Mercedes Benz ME app for the last two days to use my remote start and it keeps saying connection issues, try again later.
Hard to say if this is a genuine connection issue or if Mercedes ME is just being its normal finicky self. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it's so slow I swear its servers must be on Alpha Centauri, other times it works not at all. I have found that when a login screen finally comes up instead of the PIN code screen I can login in just by pressing the Login button without having to enter anything.

I travel a lot so mostly use it for inputting destinations, which like the app itself is hit-or-miss. I also have Mercedes Companion, which seems to use a different mechanism for transmitting destinations from app to car. It's pretty hit-or-miss, too, so I end up entering the destination in both apps in the hope that one of them will actually get to the car in a timely fashion. Usually at least one of them gets through.

Mercedes Companion has some other nice features not found in ME, like odometer mileage and tire pressure, but some really annoying things too, like the car locator that shows you where your car was a few days or weeks ago. And, sorry, no remote start. At least it comes up immediately without having to log in. Clearly Mercedes has some work to do on both these apps.