GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

2020 Keyless go issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2020, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 GLC 300
2020 Keyless go issues

Hello so recently got a 2020 GLC 300. I have been experiencing issues with the keyless go system. Half the time it does not work, and I have to pull the key out of my pocket and press unlock/lock. Also, the mirrors used to fold when locked and now they're not. I went into vehicle settings and the automation folding is turned on. The car has less than 2k miles and haven't had any battery issues.

Anyone know how I can go about fixing this? Any input much appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 03-07-2020, 04:14 PM

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts
2020 GLC300 & 2009 SL550 (previously had 1999 CLK / 2006 E500 / 2011 GL450)
First, let's try to determine if it's a key issue or a car issue:

Check to see if you have the problem with each key individually:
Do you have the exact same issues with the other key? For testing purposes, make sure you are not carrying both keys at the same time (so we know it's an issue regardless of which key is being used).

If only one key exhibits this behavior, then it's the key (or the key battery, which could be defective -- but usually the car warns of a weak key fob battery when driving)

Assuming you have the issue with either key - then it's something on the car:
Try the other door on the same side of the car when you next have the issue, and if that still doesn't work, try the other side of the car. I realize it's an inconvenience, but there are sensors (each with very short range) in a few different places around the vehicle or the touch lock/unlock sensors in one of your doors may be faulty. If the sensor in one location is faulty, identifying which location/side would really help the dealer replicate the issue.

If only one side is faulty, do you only have an issue only when locking or only when unlocking, or does it fail to work for both locking/unlocking.

Likely, this is a process of elimination, but doing these checks yourself will really help the dealer diagnose the issue. Many people will only come in and say keyless entry doesn't work. The tech goes to a door, locks/unlocks it, and says "can't replicate customer concern". As frustrating as that may seem, the tech has nothing else to go on (I've been there, and suffered through a few "can't replicate customer concern" responses on some intermittent things). Most aren't lazy, rather they need a very specific description -- then they usually like the challenge. So now, I am VERY SPECIFIC on how to duplicate the problem.

If you're at a total loss to replicate the issue, see if MercedesME can do a remote diagnosis -- there MAY be some codes logged in the system for keyless go errors. I don't know this for certain, but maybe there are...
Old 03-08-2020, 08:07 AM
Banned

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
A
This is a known problem with the entire 2020 lineup, on the GLE forum we have a huge thread going on about that... no fix yet
Old 11-12-2020, 06:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 320
failing to unlock all doors but no alarm was displayed