GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

When does car's computer need to be re-configured to accept new modifications

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2020, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When does car's computer need to be re-configured to accept new modifications

I didn't title this thread very well, but what I'm trying to find out is when do you have to have the dealer's service team, or someone else if that's even possible, to go into the car's engineering or other menu and re-configure the settings so that a change to the system or a new device, such as a satellite tuner that is added, is recognized by the system so that it will work. I believe I've finally found a SDAR unit for my car, and I'm trying to figure out if I install it will I then need to get MB to run its configuration tool on it so that it will work with the headunit. I did an OEM install years ago on my 2006 CLK 350 to add the factory Satellite receiver, and I'm pretty sure it was automatically recognized and worked with no trip to the dealer--of course after I activated the receiver with Sirius. Thoughts?
Old 03-20-2020, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Frankly - adding Sirus App to your smartphone will be cheaper monthly - with more channels and features actually. You can stream Bluetooth - connect USB - or use CarPlay or Android-Auto if you have that.

The following 2 users liked this post by fabbrisd1:
larrypmyers (04-18-2020), linus69 (03-20-2020)