Post to reactivate the forum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 01:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC 300 and E450 (2019)
Thumbs up Post to reactivate the forum

Hello everyone
i have been a car enthusiast for as long as i can remember and have enjoyed following this forum and the one for the E-Class for the last few months.
However, I have never written a post myself. Just lurking around
You guys are awesome! Very entertaining and helpful comments! Great praise!
However, I have noticed that the participation in the forum has decreased, probably due to the current situation. That's why I now bite the bullet and write my first own post =)
I love to read forum posts about pros and cons of cars, comparisons to other car types and experience reports.
So here is mine and I hope I can inspire you guys to do so.

My dealer from whom I bought the car knows me for a very long time.
I come by there from time to time and have a look at what he has on the parking lot. He is always very polite and has time for a coffee and a short chat.

About my GLC:
I love this car. I really enjoy driving around in it.
The brakes squeaked for a while but that stopped with new discs. The repair was a full warranty service. So no problem.
As some of you here in the forum I'm not a fan of the run flat tyres so I changed them for Michelin tyres early on.
The design of the car is simply stunning. Inside as well as from the outside.
The intelligent LED headlights are very bright and make driving much easier.
The standard audio system is also sufficient for my older ears.
What I like most is the sound of the engine. Even though my E-Class accelerates much better and has more power to offer, I don't think that the fun of driving the GLC is compromised.

What are your experiences? For which car would you trade in your GLC and for what reasons? What do you like best / worst about your four-wheeled companions?

Cheers to all of you who could talk about cars all day long like me.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:58 PM

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
GLC
The GLC is a great model. It's a great all-rounder. I would have liked to have seen a non-AMG 6 cylinder version akin to the E400, but that ship seems to have sailed.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2020 GLC AMG 43
I have not had my GLC AMG 43 for all that long, but absolutely love driving it so far. It is so much fun to wield the power when I want, or need, to do so. It is the right size vehicle for my needs and for the conditions I live in, namely cramped Tokyo.

By no means am anywhere near the point where I would consider trading in my GLC, but to play along, if I were to do so I would probably consider the following:
  • E53 - the luxury upgrade along w/the power are a perfect combination. I have not owned a sedan in years but this is probably the only one I would consider.
  • E53 Wagon - something about this just looks super mean and powerful. Plus having all that extra space for going camping would be perfect for me.
  • G63 - this is my dream car for when I finally retire one day. The ultimate in luxury coupled with off-road, country-side-ness is loads of fun to drive.
However, for now, I am going to continue to enjoy my current ride. I have never been so in love with a vehicle like I am w/my GLC ❤️
Old 04-18-2020, 11:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC 300 and E450 (2019)
Thanks for your answers =)
My wife is always happy when I talk about cars with others instead of her.

Oh wow Tokyo that's cool. Another one of my dream destinations I want to visit someday.
Yes, the E53 also seems to be a very reliable car.
Personally I don't like the front grille but that's a matter of taste.
Old 04-18-2020, 01:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2019 Mercedes E450
No wiper problems with my 2019 E450.

Through rain and snow they do a good job, silently.

Only issue: they occasionally don’t automatically retract when I shut the engine off while they’re still running.

HBH
Old 04-18-2020, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 184 Likes on 151 Posts
GLC 300d 4matic
Originally Posted by Helmar
No wiper problems with my 2019 E450.

Through rain and snow they do a good job, silently.

Only issue: they occasionally don’t automatically retract when I shut the engine off while they’re still running.

HBH
#MeToo!
Old 04-18-2020, 05:29 PM

Received 77 Likes on 57 Posts
GLC300 (mine) GLK250 (wife's)
I still enjoy my GLC300 and after 3 yrs I still get a certain "sense of occasion" when first getting into it (especially at night). I wouldn't trade it for anything else currently on the market but I'm really impressed with the new MBUX system. Trading in just to get MBUX would be crazy (I guess).

When shopping for my new car I seriously considered the AMG 43 but found it slightly harsh during my test drives and I thought it might be a bit difficult to live with on a day to day basis. Opinions on this seem to differ on the forum but I'm happy with my decision. I also seriously considered the Porsche Macan for its slightly better driving dynamics but the eye-watering pricing for fairly basic options, the comparatively bland interior and the arrogance of the 2 dealerships I visited tilted me to the GLC. No regrets at all.