GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Active Lane Change Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020GLC
Active Lane Change Question

Hi --I have a 3 week old 2020 GLC with the driver assist package. I've gone through most of the functions but cant seem to get the active lane change to operate. I've set all of the required options (ESP, Active Steering, Lane change). I get a grey steering wheel icon in the display but don't seem to ever get green with the direction arrow. The manual does state "The Active Lane Change Assist sensors adjust automatically while a certain distance is being driven after the vehicle has been delivered. Active Lane Change Assist is unavailable or only partially available during
this teach-in period, no arrow appears next to theØActive Steering Assist symbol when the turn signal indicator is activated.". I have over 500 miles - Do I need additional miles before it becomes functional? The dealer is "researching" the issue but hasn't been much help.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-24-2020, 07:07 AM

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
2020 GLC 300
Are your blind spot monitor and radar sensors working properly? I had issues with lane change assist and my blind spot monitor on the drivers side. The dealer found that the sensor wasn't mounted correctly (basically it was moving and not oriented correctly). Since having this corrected on warranty it's worked perfectly.
Old 05-26-2020, 10:24 PM

2020GLC
Originally Posted by tGs Wraith
Are your blind spot monitor and radar sensors working properly? I had issues with lane change assist and my blind spot monitor on the drivers side. The dealer found that the sensor wasn't mounted correctly (basically it was moving and not oriented correctly). Since having this corrected on warranty it's worked perfectly.
the blind spot sensors appear to be working fine - I see the red alert triangle in both mirrors when appropriate. And everything else looks to be working fine. Lane keeping assist with cruise control makes small steering corrections as I'm driving.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 05-27-2020, 05:08 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC
Well if your car is moving more than 40 mph and you have radar adaptive cruise control on, then you use the blinker to initiate the lane change.

Example, Just press down the blinker to change lane left. The car states in instrument cluster the lane change is to the left. If you intervene via aggressive steering you will negate it. If you use gas or brake and pause distronic, you will negate it.

the car will only do it if the lane keep assist icon is green, hence the need to be over 40 mph. This indicates the car can properly see the lanes. Or at least your car thinks it can see the lanes.

dont bother trying to do it while going up a moderate hill or while in a gradual curve. Doing this either won’t work or the car will try to end your existence depending greatly on your cars mood and/or whether you’ve been paying Mercedes financial services on time
Old 05-28-2020, 05:59 PM

2020GLC
Originally Posted by tcsting
Well if your car is moving more than 40 mph and you have radar adaptive cruise control on, then you use the blinker to initiate the lane change.

Example, Just press down the blinker to change lane left. The car states in instrument cluster the lane change is to the left. If you intervene via aggressive steering you will negate it. If you use gas or brake and pause distronic, you will negate it.

the car will only do it if the lane keep assist icon is green, hence the need to be over 40 mph. This indicates the car can properly see the lanes. Or at least your car thinks it can see the lanes.

dont bother trying to do it while going up a moderate hill or while in a gradual curve. Doing this either won’t work or the car will try to end your existence depending greatly on your cars mood and/or whether you’ve been paying Mercedes financial services on time
Ah Ha, it was the DISTRONIC not being set properly. The manual never mentioned it (or I got lost in the acronyms).. But its sorted now.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 05-31-2020, 03:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC 300 2020 SUV
Originally Posted by CaptainMike5285
Ah Ha, it was the DISTRONIC not being set properly. The manual never mentioned it (or I got lost in the acronyms).. But its sorted now.

Thanks,

Mike
Hi, can you elaborate on how you fixed this issue?
Old 05-31-2020, 03:58 PM

2020GLC
Originally Posted by Stark33
Hi, can you elaborate on how you fixed this issue?
Select the DISTRONIC (upper right steering wheel button) and the click the resume switch up (lower left steering wheel button). I had skipped the resume step.Oh, you need to traveling over 50mph. The other functions are explained in the manual (Active Steering,Lane keeper).

Mike

Old 06-02-2020, 08:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC 300 2020 SUV
Originally Posted by CaptainMike5285
Select the DISTRONIC (upper right steering wheel button) and the click the resume switch up (lower left steering wheel button). I had skipped the resume step.Oh, you need to traveling over 50mph. The other functions are explained in the manual (Active Steering,Lane keeper).

Mike
Thanks for your reply; this leads me to believe that this option is not available in my region even though I had optioned it.