GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Is it possible to add chrome strip on lower front bumper like on GLE/GLS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2020, 02:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Is it possible to add chrome strip on lower front bumper like on GLE/GLS?

Hi,

Need your advise..

I really like the lower front bumper look (chrome strip) on the lower front bumper on the GLE/GLS. Is it possible to achieve the look on the GLC? Looks like GLC is considered entry-level and don't get the same treatment.. I know there is an aftermarket version and I actually bought it, but I don't like the look. It is a thick piece. read here.. I like the slim look of the OEM.. What do you think?

I asked MB and they mention it is available but it is a whole piece replacement and cost $100 CAD for it.

P/N A2538857604 Left Front
P/N A2538858104 Right Front

Old 11-17-2020, 10:14 PM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
19 GLC300 4M (lunar blue/black/black ash aluminum),17 GLE350 4M (selenite grey/ espresso/eucalyptus)
$100 for that is way too much. Look aftermarket and see if there's anything similar. Maybe you'll find just the chrome strips to stick on that.
Another thought... You need to make sure this is correct, but the GLE and the GLC appear to have the same size of the front fascia housings. Not sure though.
Old 11-18-2020, 01:00 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ParjAS
$100 for that is way too much. Look aftermarket and see if there's anything similar. Maybe you'll find just the chrome strips to stick on that.
Another thought... You need to make sure this is correct, but the GLE and the GLC appear to have the same size of the front fascia housings. Not sure though.
Here is the pic of the GLE. It looks similiar to the GLC.. Above pic is GLS. Definitely wider..

I am sure the chrome strip is glue on by 3M tape, don't you think? You can see on the GLC where the chrome strip can glue on that excess edge.

As for aftermarket chrome, I have a few choices but not sure it will work..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Metre-C...75.c100623.m-1

I actually found something very similar but it is for A-class and not chrome..

aliexpress.com

search,,

beler 4Pcs Chrome ABS Front Fog Light Grille Mesh Cover Trim Fit for Mercedes-Benz A Class W177 2019

Last edited by dadalook; 11-18-2020 at 01:45 AM.