GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Mercedes me connect iPhone version

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2021, 09:49 AM

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
2020 GLC 300 SUV 4Matic
Mercedes me connect iPhone version

Trying to determine latest version number of Mercedes me connect app from Apple App Store ( for GLC 300 4matic SUV). Believe app shows version 3.0.1 (874). It appears via version history that it was released about one week ago with minor bug fixes & addition of Valet Protect feature.

The Mercedes me app on my PC has disclaimer:

"The Doors and Windows, ECO display and Geofencing services are no longer available here. They are now part of the new Mercedes me 2020 App, which you can download from the App Store or Google Play Store."
Old 01-09-2021, 10:42 AM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
2020 GLC 300 4Matic OffRoad
There is a new app as replacement, Mercedes Me Connect AM
Old 01-09-2021, 10:50 AM

2020 GLC 300 SUV 4Matic
Originally Posted by abacnus
There is a new app as replacement, Mercedes Me Connect AM
Not finding that on App Store? When I Googled Mercedes me connect (USA) it opened my current Mercedes me connect application.

Last edited by Wxchaser; 01-09-2021 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-09-2021, 11:21 AM

2020 GLC 300 SUV 4Matic
One of the reasons I asked is under the service menu - Starter Battery you now see this:

Before:

Old 01-09-2021, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,992 Likes on 2,663 Posts
2019 C63CS
v3.0.1 is the latest. In the USA, they kept the name of the app and just updated it to v3 a little while ago and v3.0.1 was a recent update with bug fixes and adding Valet Protect back. In other markets they've released the app under a new name and with all the features. I'm not sure why, but for some reason not all the features have been rolled out in the USA yet, and the web portal is in disarray. I still can't do manual map updates. I've seen that disclaimer as well referring to Mercedes me 2020, which is what the new app is called in Europe, but here in the USA it's still called Mercedes Me connect. I've sent their support a stern email pointing out all the issues and that the features they claim are now in the app are missing in the USA market. It's somewhat of a mess right now. Supposedly they are in the process of cleaning house and finally make this stuff work properly, but I'm guessing it's gonna take a while. Whoever developed all this stuff in the first place did not do a very good job, and it seems a different team has taken over to turn this into something that actually works properly, but I guess we have to hurt through the transition phase for a while. The good news is the updated app so far works much more reliably than the old app, even though it's missing some of the features for now.
Old 01-09-2021, 02:47 PM

2020 GLC 300 SUV 4Matic
Originally Posted by superswiss
v3.0.1 is the latest. In the USA, they kept the name of the app and just updated it to v3 a little while ago and v3.0.1 was a recent update with bug fixes and adding Valet Protect back. In other markets they've released the app under a new name and with all the features. I'm not sure why, but for some reason not all the features have been rolled out in the USA yet, and the web portal is in disarray. I still can't do manual map updates. I've seen that disclaimer as well referring to Mercedes me 2020, which is what the new app is called in Europe, but here in the USA it's still called Mercedes Me connect. I've sent their support a stern email pointing out all the issues and that the features they claim are now in the app are missing in the USA market. It's somewhat of a mess right now. Supposedly they are in the process of cleaning house and finally make this stuff work properly, but I'm guessing it's gonna take a while. Whoever developed all this stuff in the first place did not do a very good job, and it seems a different team has taken over to turn this into something that actually works properly, but I guess we have to hurt through the transition phase for a while. The good news is the updated app so far works much more reliably than the old app, even though it's missing some of the features for now.
Thanks for your feedback. I also like to use the web portal but not as much with reduced functionality. Maybe we'll get wireless CarPlay?!
Old 01-11-2021, 10:18 AM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
2020 GLC 300 4Matic OffRoad
Originally Posted by superswiss
good to know.
I just installed the new app "Mercedes me AM" in Canada app store last week. It seems pretty much the same other than some UI changes. But yes, it shows Starter Battery under Service menu, not sure if it did the same in the previous app.