GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

"Without changing gear, consult workshop" + some other things... Only just purchased

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2021, 05:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 C63 2009 and X253 250D 2015
Unhappy "Without changing gear, consult workshop" + some other things... Only just purchased

Well here we go.. Only received car 2015 250D ,from interstate earlier this week, finally had the inspection done and plates changed over, so I could drive it, this Friday.

Driving around the past couple of days has been fine, great actually, except for some concern that when I stop the engine seem like it gets rough, like it would almost stall, just thinking that's a diesel characteristic though? Any thoughts?, Idles fine once stopped , just at the last bit before stopping.

Then, as I pull up at home this afternoon, big red message "Without changing gear, consult workshop" and the engine fans sounded like they were going crazy, loud as a lawnmower !!.

The car starts and I've not tried to change gears yet, will call the workshop in the morning. It has a 2 year MB warranty as I got it for a MB dealership, so hopefully that's all good.

The system says A7 service in 34 days, the dealership have told me the service was done on 22/2/21 and the mechanic just forgot to reset it. The engine oil looks black, shouldn't it seems clean still after hardly being driven, maybe 150kms since the service. Also surely they would have done the trans service which I've read is part of an A7 service?, they would service as per the recommended requirements right?

It seems the battery may have also been low, as it would have been sitting on the yard and then it was a month from my purchase until actually getting it. The auto engine off on idle only really kicked in properly today, ( it seemed to only work id the AC was switched off) and the rear tailgate sensor (foot under the back) actually worked today, when it didn't previously, I suspect that this was due to the battery finally getting some charge back into it. Have purchase a charger for the battery earlier today, so will charge tonight. Is it likely this could cause this kind of issue?

Also, today when I turned into a parking spot today, slow right hand turn, I felt, heard a decent knock in the front end, @Teckno has recommended I get the steering knuckles looked at (along with a heap of other good info, thanks ), is this the kind of issue that would seem to be caused by them?

Finally I notice that I get some sort of almost haptic feedback from the steering wheel, increasing speed or slowing down at around 70 kph and 90kph, like 2 or 3 short rumble pulses through the steering wheel, is this normal? Doesn't happen every time though, feels like driving over cats eyes on the road, Trying to tell me something?

Just hoping I don't get any grief from the MB dealership regarding getting the items fixed under warranty, the reason I was happy to purchase was because of the piece of mind of the MB 2 year pre-owned warranty.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.