GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

MBUX multimedia system / Recall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2021, 11:35 AM

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
2020 GLC 300 SUV 4Matic
MBUX multimedia system / Recall

Saw I have an incoming recall notice from Mercedes - so I looked it up by VIN # on NHSTA site - will pick up letter after delivery today. Any body else receiving this notice?

May 14,2021
Manufacturer Recall Number2021070011
NHTSA Recall Number21V354

Recall Status Recall Incomplete, remedy not yet available Summary Mercedes-Benz AG ("MBAG"), the manufacturer of Mercedes-Benz vehicles, has determined that on certain Model Year ("MY") 2019 - 2021 CLA-Class (118 platform), GLE/GLS-Class (167 platform), A-Class (177 platform), E-Class (213 platform), E-Class Coupe/Convertible (238 platform), GLA/GLB-Class (247 platform), GLC-Class (253 platform), CLS-Class (257 platform), and AMG GT-Class 4-doors Coupe (290 platform) vehicles the MBUX multimedia system software might not meet specifications. Under very specific conditions, the MBUX multimedia system might not start and the display might remain black, or could reboot unintentionally after 50 seconds of initial startup. Accordingly, the rearview camera image might not be displayed or the display might be interrupted which could increase a risk of a crash or injury. Either an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer or an over-the-air ("OTA") update will update the communication module software for the MBUX system on the affected vehicles. All customers will be mailed recall notification letters as required under federal regulations. For vehicles with a "Mercedes Me" subscription service, the software update will be performed OTA and so a dealer visit is not required.

Safety Risk Under very specific conditions, the MBUX multimedia system might not start and the display might remain black, or could reboot unintentionally after 50 seconds of initial startup. Accordingly, the rearview camera image might not be displayed or the display might be interrupted which could increase a risk of a crash or injury.

Remedy Either an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer or an over-the-air ("OTA") update will update the communication module software for the MBUX system on the affected vehicles .All customers will be mailed recall notification letters as required under federal regulations. For vehicles with a "Mercedes Me" subscription service, the software update will be performed OTA and so a dealer visit is not required.
Old 07-10-2021, 06:12 PM

2020 GLC 300 SUV 4Matic
Safety Recall Notice letter has letter boxed in bold print:

Over-The_Air Update:
No Dealership Visit
Required

Letter dated July, 2021

Old 07-12-2021, 01:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2021 GLC300
I just got this recall notification in the mail today. About a weeks after I picked up my 2021, the rear camera stopped working. I took it to the dealer and they said it as a bad camera and would need to be replaced but they had to order it. That was about 6 weeks ago. The camera started working on it's own about 3 weeks ago. Hopefully this recall will prevent the cam from going out again.
Old 07-14-2021, 06:17 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2025 E450 4Matic
Originally Posted by CaptainMal
I just got this recall notification in the mail today. About a weeks after I picked up my 2021, the rear camera stopped working. I took it to the dealer and they said it as a bad camera and would need to be replaced but they had to order it. That was about 6 weeks ago. The camera started working on it's own about 3 weeks ago. Hopefully this recall will prevent the cam from going out again.
I, too, had a bad rear camera replaced on my new E450. Dealer had to order it, but it only took 2 business days. He had no idea why it went bad
Old 07-15-2021, 04:01 PM

2020 GLC 300 SUV 4Matic
if you go to https://www.mbusa.com/recall - enter your vin number to see which OTA updates have been applied and which ones are pending.

Last edited by Wxchaser; 07-15-2021 at 06:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
mikapen (07-16-2021)