GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Dogs and Backseat Seatbelt Sockets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2021, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC300
Dogs and Backseat Seatbelt Sockets

In my GLC300, the backseat seatbelt buckle sockets stand firmly upright and seem quite uncomfortable for my dog to lay on (he's too big to lay between them). I've tried placing foam pieces over them, making cut-outs for the sockets, but can't secure them and even if I could, it would not be a great solution. I'd welcome any ideas. Thank you.
Old 07-18-2021, 03:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 155 Likes on 128 Posts
2016 GLC 250d AMG pack, 2017 GLC Coupe 250d AMG pack , 2002 BMW 330Ci convertible, 2021 BMX X1 sD20i
Can you use child securing point behind seat and have harness use that ? Bit like capsule anchor point.
Designed to act as safety point, not sure of load rating, if they even have one.
We use a car sling cover on back seat and they have holes in cover for seat belt connection, you might have to pad underneath with a blanket, or try using a seat belt extender ?
Good luck, let us know how you get on with this.
Old 12-25-2021, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC300
Originally Posted by Teckno
Can you use child securing point behind seat and have harness use that ? Bit like capsule anchor point.
Designed to act as safety point, not sure of load rating, if they even have one.
We use a car sling cover on back seat and they have holes in cover for seat belt connection, you might have to pad underneath with a blanket, or try using a seat belt extender ?
Good luck, let us know how you get on with this.
Thank you so much for your suggestions and please pardon the long delayed response. I like to have my dog lay in the backseat without strapping him into a harness . . . I've looked at the sling covers, but they require securing with the headrests, which I removed for visibility issues ..... I think the issue bothers me more than my dog : ). Thank you again for your ideas.