GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Refund/Forfeit Prepaid Maintenance?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2021, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC300
Refund/Forfeit Prepaid Maintenance?

I've somewhat of a dilemma. Car was purchased brand new in 2019 and a 4-yr prepaid maintenance plan was also purchased subsequently. It had the A service one year ago at about 3k miles. I live in a city and the car was originally going to be used for anticipated long-distance trips up North, but due to prolonged travel restrictions, it has been driven very little. It still has less than 4k but time-wise is overdue for B. The dealer who sold the contract was very transparent and made it clear that if I ended up staying North of the border before the 4 years are up, I could get a prorated refund for any unused portion of the package since it's purchased in California. Now, I'm thinking, should I go ahead and take the car in for B despite the low mileage, or try to cancel the package? Has anyone actually done this in California and received a refund? To be honest the hassle of taking it in for service irks me even without a pandemic going on. I also know that in order not to void warranty, car needs to be serviced according to Benz schedule. But at such low usage, what are the chances of things breaking in two more years? Any suggestion?