Upgrade std audio system to Burmester

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2021, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2021 GLC Coupe
Upgrade std audio system to Burmester

Hi,

My brother-in-law is taking delivery of a 2021 GLC coupe next week and it has the base audio system.

He's been offered all of the speakers and amp from a Burmester car and the seller claims its all plug & play - that all wiring is in the car and the Burmester units just need plugging in.

Does anyone know if this is true?

In particular, we think the base system only has one amp in the passenger footwell, but the Burmester system will have another in the drivers side - will the wiring be there already? Will the wiring be there for the amp? Is any coding required to get the system to work?

Thanks for any advice.
Old 11-29-2021, 06:44 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
GLC43
And you are going to cut all the holes? Kinda scary since they use different door panels. I would guess the enhanced audio adjustments would not be available. Balance/fade/frequency adjustment, etc. just what came standard.
Old 11-29-2021, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2021 GLC Coupe
Originally Posted by glassbloke
And you are going to cut all the holes? Kinda scary since they use different door panels. I would guess the enhanced audio adjustments would not be available. Balance/fade/frequency adjustment, etc. just what came standard.
Cut the holes? I didn't know there were holes to cut! This is the sort of info I'm trying to find out.

So you're saying it's not just plug and play, there will be some cutting required and/or different door panels needed?
Old 11-29-2021, 09:23 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
GLC43
The standard system has 8 speakers. Burmester has 13. So they have to go somewhere. It’s not plug and play.