GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Help needed with buying a used GLC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2021 | 05:09 PM

2018 GLC, 2012 RX350. Gone: Q5, LR2, XC90
Help needed with buying a used GLC

Hi,

I am in the process of buying a 2018 GLC300 with 29K miles.

I'd like to know what (if anything) I should pay attention to (known problems?) and check before I pick up the vehicle.

Buying from a MB dealer, the vehicle will be certified with factory warranty till Aug. 2022, and certified warranty till Aug. 2023.
As per Carfax which the dealer sent to me, there were no issues except few times tire re-balancing. Looks like all the regular maintenance was done including brake fluid flash, cabin filter.
I test drove it and did not feel anything abnormal.
The pass. side rear door molding was not aligned well with the rear quarter molding, but the door closed without any excessive force and the door edge was smooth.
NAV and radio would not show up on the screen but the rear cam and AC controls did show on the screen.
Salesman said it will be fixed as well as a scratch on rear bumper.

Today, I received certification service records- they changed brake fluid and oil+filter, two tires, changed damaged window switch and the lighted star and also replaced both front and rear brakes.

Have not bought a used ("pre-owned") vehicle in a while, so I am somewhat clueless about what to look for, esp. that we never had an MB so I am not familiar with the brand.

Also, regardless of the the dealer /Carfax saying "no accidents reported", I ordered a paint thickness gauge to check the paint before we sign the paperwork. Just in case their personnel did not check the vehicle thoroughly. My understanding is that if the previous owner/leaser of the GLC had high deductible, they might have fixed body damage without reporting to the insurance company (if there was any damage). That molding got me thinking...

Also, the salesman said that the certification would extend the warranty to 5 years.
Should I try to get an extended warranty?

Thanks