GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Opinion on color and trim choice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2022, 10:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
C300 W205
Opinion on color and trim choice

My dealership had a 2022 GLC 300 coming in with all the equipment I wanted, the color is Mojave Silver. I haven't seen the actual color in person. Does anyone have this color and what do you think of it? BTW it has the AMG trim package with the Night package, 19" twin-spoke wheels with black accents. The dealer is also going to replace the AMG grille emblem with the illuminated star, opinions on this, please. If you had pictures you could post, that would be great.

Thanks all
Old 03-28-2022, 03:54 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes Benz GLC 250d and GLC 350d AMG-Line
I suppose it's very much a personal choice but I don't like the silver, it does nothing for the shape. Then again, I'm really quite conservative when it comes to these type of utilitarian vehicles. To me it looks best in white exterior with black interior.
Old 03-29-2022, 07:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 176 Likes on 146 Posts
me: 2015 SL400 & 2015 ML400; wife: 2022 GLC Coupe kid: 2017 GLC SUV
Originally Posted by don w
My dealership had a 2022 GLC 300 coming in with all the equipment I wanted, the color is Mojave Silver. I haven't seen the actual color in person. Does anyone have this color and what do you think of it? BTW it has the AMG trim package with the Night package, 19" twin-spoke wheels with black accents. The dealer is also going to replace the AMG grille emblem with the illuminated star, opinions on this, please. If you had pictures you could post, that would be great.

Thanks all
I think it will look awesome. I’ve had Irridium Silver cars and have never seen Mojave but I just Google-searched and it looks great. I’d pass on the illuminated star but swap in an aftermarket Panamericana grill. Love the black accent wheels with the night package. Debadge that bad boy when you get it too.

https://images.app.*******/Syyc77LA5pVWxTf48

Old 03-29-2022, 02:55 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
GLC
Eddie's right. I put in the Panamericana grille and debadged. The grille itself made a HUGE difference in the look of the front-end. I absolutely love it. And the same goes for the back-end when debadging. I couldn't be happier with either decision. I have the Illuminating Star and love that, too, but like someone else stated earlier, I guess it's all just personal choice - same goes with the body color. I'm very happy with the black theme I have going with mine.
Old 03-30-2022, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,605 Likes on 1,181 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by don w

Thanks all
We have that color on our GLC. Not sure why they call it silver, because it looks more like Mojave Beige. Probably because of the metallic paint.

I think the color is gorgeous. It compliments the shape of the car, it's light enough to blend with the black and chrome at the same time.
It's kind of a chameleon color. I don't think I've seen a photo that does it justice. It really glows with warmth especially in the morning and evening.

As a side benefit, it hides dirt pretty well.