GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Powering USB-C ports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2022, 09:13 AM

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
2020 GLC 300 SUV 4Matic
Powering USB-C ports

Recently I have tried using wireless CarPlay adapters in my 2020 GLC 300. I tried https://www.carlinkitfactory.com/pro...s-carplay-box/ and also https://www.crutchfield.com/S-orUuOc...xoCYVoQAvD_BwE

Noticeably both adapters never powered on when connected to the USB-C port - but my iPhone with USB-C to Lightning cable works fine in wired CarPlay.

Why does the USB-C port near cupholders not power on? It is a mystery to me - any advice appreciated. Attached some pertinent pages from manual.

Old 04-20-2022, 02:46 PM

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
2020 GLC300 4MATIC
Does your phone charge when connected via USB-C, or does it just connect with CarPlay and that's it? If it doesn't charge, then those USB-C ports have a problem and need service. My USB-C ports charge anything plugged in... in fact I have an Apple Watch charger connected at all times to give my watch a little boost of charge throughout the day. Also worked with wireless CarPlay adapter on my 2020.
The following users liked this post:
Wxchaser (04-20-2022)
Old 04-20-2022, 04:46 PM

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
2020 GLC 300 SUV 4Matic
Originally Posted by dalazernet
Does your phone charge when connected via USB-C, or does it just connect with CarPlay and that's it? If it doesn't charge, then those USB-C ports have a problem and need service. My USB-C ports charge anything plugged in... in fact I have an Apple Watch charger connected at all times to give my watch a little boost of charge throughout the day. Also worked with wireless CarPlay adapter on my 2020.
Yes it is charging my iPhone through the CarPlay USB-C port with vehicle off or when engine is running. So either MBUX somehow is blocking the port when using a wireless CarPlay adapter or the devices I have tried thus far are incompatible with the 2020 GLC 300.

Thanks for the suggestion.