GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

GLC Bumper dent - Repair or Replace (with cost)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2022, 10:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 GLC 300 4Matic
GLC Bumper dent - Repair or Replace (with cost)

Hi Forum Members,

While going out of a parking lot today, another car backed up and caused a dent in my front bumper. Looking for suggestions if this can be repaired or does the whole bumper need to be replaced? Also looking for cost of each - the guy who caused this, his insurance should pay for this.

Thank you very much.
Old 07-11-2022, 11:29 PM

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts
'12 E550, '10 ML350, '06 E350, '20 GLC300, '21 GLC300
Originally Posted by ari_s
Hi Forum Members,

While going out of a parking lot today, another car backed up and caused a dent in my front bumper. Looking for suggestions if this can be repaired or does the whole bumper need to be replaced? Also looking for cost of each - the guy who caused this, his insurance should pay for this.

Thank you very much.
Just start the claim with the other driver's insurance. Let an adjustors do their work. Get it all repaired then start a case of diminished value to get compensation for the accident. All totaled, the hit to the driver's insurance won't be less than 5K. Make sure they give you a rental while your call is getting repaired
Old 07-12-2022, 04:40 AM

2017 GLC 300 4Matic
Thank you for your reply. I submitted the claim today through my insurance company (Progressive) and going to the Benz dealership tomorrow for the estimate of the repair. Should I have contacted the insurance company of the driver who backed on me?

Also, thanks for the tip on the diminished value compensation - should that be through my insurance company?
Old 07-14-2022, 06:17 AM

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts
'12 E550, '10 ML350, '06 E350, '20 GLC300, '21 GLC300
Start claim with the company representing the driver who backed into you. Isn't that what progressive told you to do? Go research diminished value. It will take quite a bit of time and an aggressive tone. You decide if it's in you and worth it.
Old 07-14-2022, 08:56 AM

2017 GLC 300 4Matic
Thanks for your reply. I have filed claim with USAA (insurance of the person who backed on me), but they are saying an incident involving backing up could be a shared responsibility - awaiting the final outcome of the decision. Progressive advised to first get the liability claim processed and then do the diminished value claim. As evident, I am not very experienced with this but will definitely pursue the diminished value claim,

I just wish people be a bit more careful while they are driving / backing out in a parking lot. Thanks again.
Old 08-15-2022, 08:00 PM

2017 GLC 300 4Matic
Body shop caused damage to parking sensor

Dear Members,

Need some more guidance here - I dropped my 2017 GLC at a certified Mercedes collision repair facility for the dent repair in my front bumper and they called me today to say none of the the front parking sensors are working and it won't be covered by the insurance claim as the parking sensors could not have been damaged by the accident (Caused by a 3rd party and they have accepted responsibility of the same). So I went to the shop as quickly as I can today and had them on a conference call with the insurance company. The parking sensor I had was installed by the Mercedes Dealership back in 2019 when I purchased the car certified and its an after market installed by someone they sublet the work.

I am really at a loss now, the body shop is now insisting that I either take back the car with just the bumper work done (parking sensors not working) or pay for the charges of the parking sensor repair. I am very sure that the body shop caused the damage to the parking sensors when they took the bumper off and just was not very careful. All the parking sensors were working fine when I dropped the car with them last week, but there is no way I can prove that. Looking forward for all of your advisement here.

Thanks again.