GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

MBUX Adding Sirius

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2022, 07:45 PM

Received 113 Likes on 94 Posts
'22 GLE 350 | '15 ML250 | '87 560SL | '19 GLC 300 | '12 C250 (sold) | '02 ML500 | '98 C230
MBUX Adding Sirius

I've seen this covered in a few other threads, BUT, all concern COMAND units, not MBUX cars.

Here's my dilemma. Moved my wife from a '19 GLC 300 when Sirius was standard, but now Mercedes has made that an add-on via the Premium Package (something she didn't have in previous car). Of course me thinking since there was no facelift beyond MBUX that features would stay the same.

Boy was I torn a new one when I found out it didn't have Sirius or Nav, only accessible via CarPlay. Surely in this day and age, there's a way to add/enable Sirius on the MBUX unit. I don't care about the cost, I just want to do it. Seems very little literature around here about it though. Any one have any insight?

Lo and behold, we already took a hit and replaced the car once when I thought I was putting her in a car with Parktronic + 360 cameras (which in the '19 included the surround view system), only to find out Mercedes separated the packages also on this system. You can have Parktronic WITHOUT the Surround View system. So dumb, and shame on the salesman for not flagging after saying what was important package wise. You'd think a $50k car these days would have Sirius at least as STANDARD equipment.