GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

P052 code fix

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2022, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c240
P052 code fix

Saw this on Metrisforum and used the same steps to fix my glc300. Had the dreaded p052 DTC for two years and spent 3-4 hours to fix. Fairly easy from a technical perspective just not much room. Ignore the text in the pix below, they were screenshots. You can save an hour if you have hose clamps in advance or you end up not need them.
you will need to disconnect the battery, remove the ECU and it’s frame. Then disconnect all cables and hoses so you can see the part to replace. It’s tight fit. Essentially you will cut it out and splice in the new part.
I had to get four #4 hose clamps (screw kind) and ended up using the old black hoses because the old and new part had slightly different shaped hoses. Cut the clamps off and use the screw hose clamps.
Once you get the new part and get access to the old part it’ll make sense.
the purge valve has a flexible bigger hose and a rigid smaller hose. I reused the old flexible hose and connected it to original hose bib on car. I cut the smaller rigid hose off of the bib on new purge valve. I used the new flexible hose to splice old rigid hose to the bib I just mentioned.

It’ll make sense when you get there.
each electrical and hose connector that you will need to disconnect is different so it takes a while to figure it out. Be patient.
you’ll need a pick or small flathead with the tip bent at 90 degrees to undo the cable connected to purge valve. Do that after you push it off it’s metal housing.
I cleared the CEL and after two 30 minute trips the DTC cleared out. I just got my emissions done and passed.

Good luck. Sorry no pix.

Part you need (purge valve)

Overall part dealer wants to replace. I only replaced a sub-component You will need the part (purge valve about $70) above and to the left of the circled part.

You’re replacing part y58/2

Purge valve is circled in red.

Last edited by somoss0117; 08-14-2022 at 12:27 PM.