GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Michelin cross climate 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2024, 02:38 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
GLC43 AMG
Originally Posted by DanD.
Sounds promising neighbor, Im Seattle WA similar weather but I like to ski, and sometimes it snows there. But reading all review tires perform very well in snow it has 3 mountains sign as all winter tires.
order them on line next time you visit Portland and get them delivered and installed at a Portland Costco tax free. LOLL
Old 05-11-2024, 01:09 PM

Received 158 Likes on 118 Posts
2021 Glb35 AMG (2013 GLK 350)
Comfort and performance changes based on the A/S. A/S4 UHP is very close to summer tires as it is the most slippery A/S on ice, so it is perfect for 3 seasons, it has more comfort than Conti 6 summers. I change to Alpine 5 after freezing starts. Alpin 5 is softer and more comfortable than A/S4. CC2 is closest to the Alpine 5 Winters, lags on dry/wet compared to A/S4. Primacy is in the middle. I don't recall problems with Primacy driving in 4 seasons, but then I didn't drive much on icy roads... Here is the tirerack tests on braking distance for each:

Originally Posted by superswiss
Below is an interesting graph somebody posted recently showing the relative performance of various Michelin tires. The Cross Climate 2 is basically a sold straight line besting even a ice/snow tire until you get deep into the winter and even then it's not far behind. The all-season on the other hand just doesn't keep up. It also is quite close to the performance of a pure summer performance tire in the dry and wet.

Last edited by Serhan; 05-11-2024 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-11-2024, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 639 Likes on 474 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by Serhan
Comfort and performance changes based on the A/S. A/S4 UHP is very close to summer tires as it is the most slippery A/S on ice, so it is perfect for 3 seasons, it has more comfort than Conti 6 summers. I change to Alpine 5 after freezing starts. Alpin 5 is softer and more comfortable than A/S4. CC2 is closest to the Alpine 5 Winters, lags on dry/wet compared to A/S4. Primacy is in the middle. I don't recall problems with Primacy driving in 4 seasons, but then I didn't drive much on icy roads... Here is the tirerack tests on braking distance for each:
I just bought some Alpin 5s for next winter on 20" wheels. I'm looking forward to trying them. I have been running the Pirelli winters on 22" wheels. Based on reviews, the Alpins should perform better but I felt very safe and had total control while using the Pirelli’s even towards the end of life (3mm).

CC2s (or the new Nokian WRG5) were my alternatives to the Alpins but a month ago https://www.mbusatirecenter.com/ had a great deal of buy 3 get 4th for a dollar so I bit.

Pirelli Scorpion winter on 22s
Old 07-03-2024, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC43
Originally Posted by markaj1
I love them. Excellent tread life, good ride, and good grip in mild to 3 inch of snow. I have zero concerns.
So I missed the sale and am now waiting for another one to pop up, but did have one more question after talking with the rep at Costco. He reminded me that since I need a staggered fit, and since these are directional treads, I'm going to have to pay for rotations since they'll have to come off the rim each time. Not a huge deal, but it's definitely not something I had even thought about.

My question is this...has anyone had any issues with rotating and taking them on & off the rims? Seems like it's definitely not ideal for the tire to be stretched over & over, but I'm certainly not an expert.
Old 07-03-2024, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexus RX450h
Originally Posted by markaj1
Hi. Has anyone installed the cross climate 2 tires on their GLC/GLC43? Do you like them? How is the road noise and traction during winter and summer? Thank you
Really like them and wearing well (15k) so far but wouldn’t buy them again in less I’d be driving in snow. I’ve personally observed a drop of 2-3 mpg with this tread design.
Old 07-03-2024, 02:47 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
GLC43 AMG
Originally Posted by CincyGLC43
So I missed the sale and am now waiting for another one to pop up, but did have one more question after talking with the rep at Costco. He reminded me that since I need a staggered fit, and since these are directional treads, I'm going to have to pay for rotations since they'll have to come off the rim each time. Not a huge deal, but it's definitely not something I had even thought about.

My question is this...has anyone had any issues with rotating and taking them on & off the rims? Seems like it's definitely not ideal for the tire to be stretched over & over, but I'm certainly not an expert.
have not rotated or took them off the rim since it was installed two years ago. Run fine and no issues or excessive wear. I have staggered so rotation is not an option anyway. Save your money.
The following users liked this post:
CincyGLC43 (07-03-2024)