12v battery critical

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2024, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 154 Posts
2018 GLC 4MATIC
Originally Posted by LenniePaz
I did, and he said he's never done it and never had a problem.
No offense, but don’t you think German engineers created this procedure for a reason, and certified technicians must follow it? He never had any issues, so how can he be sure? Maybe it will shorten the battery life, even if it takes years. This is a big problem—modern cars are so complex, and technicians are cutting corners. What else aren’t they doing? Service fees are high, and we’re not getting the service we paid for. This is exactly why I had to start doing all the services myself.
Old 08-25-2024, 05:41 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
GLC300
Originally Posted by DanD.
No offense, but don’t you think German engineers created this procedure for a reason, and certified technicians must follow it? He never had any issues, so how can he be sure? Maybe it will shorten the battery life, even if it takes years. This is a big problem—modern cars are so complex, and technicians are cutting corners. What else aren’t they doing? Service fees are high, and we’re not getting the service we paid for. This is exactly why I had to start doing all the services myself.
Bro, did I tell YOU not to do it? Do what YOU want and register the battery. I'm telling people what I did and what I was told by a reputable Mercedes mechanic. You can find info all over the internet where service managers and other mechanics have said it wasn't necessary. And yes, I do believe German engineers created the procedure for a reason, and it's called a money grab. That's MY opinion though.

Last edited by LenniePaz; 08-25-2024 at 05:43 PM.