2016 mBrace Module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2023, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC300
2016 mBrace Module

Hello all!

I took my mother in law's GLC300 in to the dealership for its service and to check out the fact that the radio quit. After spending most of the day there, I was informed the mBrace module had failed, and that it was going to be $1600 just for the module...labor not included. I asked the service rep if the module was VIN coded and he didn't know. I have searched hi and low trying to find a replacement module online for a lot less than $1600, but it seems like no one knows what an "MBrace Module" is.

I typically work on my LR's, and as such I'm not really too familiar with this model vehicle, and specifically where the modules are located. I know that if I can find the module I need to replace I can pull a part number off of it and order a new one....again, this assumes it's not VIN coded. (Or possibly open it up and clean and corrosion off, and refresh a solder joint or two)

Also, the dealership said the system had thrown the code B15D814. FYI, their theory is that the drain line for the lower front windshield cowling drain leaked into the cabin and shorted the module out. Although they wouldn't tell me if it was bolted to the firewall or under a seat or something.

Any advice or guidance y'all can provide would be GREATLY appreciated!

Last edited by tapps33; 11-14-2023 at 02:53 PM. Reason: misspelled module label
Old 11-15-2023, 10:03 PM

GLC300
Anybody? I really want a radio back in my car! (I'm driving it for a while during the repairs to my other car...SMH)
Old 11-19-2023, 02:45 PM

GLC300
Is it because I'm an LR guy that no one wants to talk to me?

Or does no one know where the MBrace module is?

Thanks so much! I do really need/appreciate your help!
Old 11-19-2023, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,651 Likes on 1,220 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
I have no idea what an 'MBrace module' is, or what it does, for that matter.

​​​​​So my first step if I were a newbie, wanting to replace the part myself, would be to get the parts number and exact description from your parts department.

Then you could shop for the part, and in most cases find a diagram that'll give you insight. And maybe some associated parts that might be needed.

And it might help you refine a YouTube search for guided instructions.

Or you could have your mother-in-law do it herself.🙂😧😥

Old 11-20-2023, 09:45 AM

GLC300
Thanks for the insight. Unfortunately, my parts/service department is less than forth coming with any details. I'm assuming the MBrace module has something to do with communications gateway for the infotainment system.

That said, I'll keep working the speakership angle, but if anyone else knows what the heck they're referring to, I'd be ever so grateful! If I can find this stupid module, I can get a part number off it...just need to find it.

A little bit of extra info, according to the service receipt, the error code indicates a short in the mute cable. But, when they went in, they found the "MBrace module" was faulty. I'm kinda hoping there's just a little bit of corrosion, or a bad solder joint that I can easily repair. time will tell....

Thanks!