GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Heated Steering Wheel Switch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2023, 08:40 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2021 GLC 300 4Matic
Heated Steering Wheel Switch

Does anyone else feel that the Heated Steering Wheel Switch is in a really stupid place? Hidden on the end of the short steering wheel adjustment stalk with an LED indicator that is only visible if one positions their head near the seat adjustments on the driver's door. There has to be a better place to put this switch.
The following users liked this post:
Zodiac (07-22-2024)
Old 12-07-2023, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 187 Likes on 153 Posts
2018 GLC 4MATIC
Originally Posted by tarponbeach
Does anyone else feel that the Heated Steering Wheel Switch is in a really stupid place? Hidden on the end of the short steering wheel adjustment stalk with an LED indicator that is only visible if one positions their head near the seat adjustments on the driver's door. There has to be a better place to put this switch.
100% agreed with you.
Old 12-07-2023, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,649 Likes on 1,218 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
I can find it!
Old 12-15-2023, 05:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2020 MB GLC300 Coupe
Does anyone else feel that the Heated Steering Wheel Switch is in a really stupid place?
I could not agree any more! That's a ludicrous, dare I go so far as to say a downright DANGEROUS, place to locate the switch! I've found that leaning forward and positioning my fingers/hand angled at 45 degrees whilst touching the furthest back edge of the switch, I can see the red light cast its beam (ever so slightly... is it actually an LED bulb?) on my flesh. That said, my skin is pasty & pale; I'm uncertain if the technique will be as successful with other skin tones.

And whilst we're on the subject of Heated Steering Wheels, can someone tell me why the non-heated 'sport' wheel in AMG Line equipped vehicles have the nice flat-bottomed wheel (sans AMG branding) with silver backgrounds for wheel-mounted switches adjacent to perforated leather? In the case of my (new-to-me) US-spec 2020 GLC 300 4Matic Coupe, it has the fully round version of the wheel with black backgrounds on the wheel-mounted switches and no perforated leather anywhere to be found on the wheel. That's nothing like as sporty as the flat-bottomed wheel. I like the fact that the non-heated wheel omits the AMG branding (since the "AMG Line" is simply an appearance package in my region) but despise that it cannot be had with a heating element. For comparison sake, the AMG branded iteration can be had with or without heating. I'd much prefer the non-AMG branded, flat-bottomed 'sport' wheel but I won't sacrifice the heated steering wheel. So, I guess it's no nicely styled flat-bottom steering wheel for me... shame.

If anyone has found a workaround to cure this oversight I'd be most grateful for a prodding in the right direction. Oh, and (non-binding) suggestions as to the price tag a mod like this might cost would also be welcome. (I'd prefer to mod an OEM wheel rather than commission an aftermarket version.)

But yeah, that switch is in a bloody silly place!

TGH
Old 12-15-2023, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 300 SUV
heated SW switch

I just happen to think the heated steering wheel switch is in a good location, but I am not real happy with the seat heater switch location, to difficult to get thumb/finger on it when driving.
Chuck
Old 07-14-2024, 06:50 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC 300
Genuine question. Where is steering wheel heating button located on a 2024 GLC 4Matic?