GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Unlink Mercedes ME (Still linked to previous owner's account)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2024, 02:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2020 GLC300, 2016 C300
Question Unlink Mercedes ME (Still linked to previous owner's account)

Hi Guys

I have bought a used 2020 GLC300 Imported from US and the car is still linked to the previous owner's account
Also, the previous owner's profile is on the car and I can't delete it.

Does anyone know a way to reset/ unlink the previous owner's account from my car

Thanks a lot in advance

Old 02-28-2024, 02:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,817 Likes on 2,551 Posts
2019 C63CS
The link can only be removed by a dealership with proof of ownership. Since you imported the car from the US to the UAE that will complicate things. Mercedes me connect does not roam between continents, so the previous owner's profile etc. is tied to the North America region. A dealership in the UAE may not be able to do it because it's the wrong region. You can do a factory reset under the system settings, which will delete the previous owner's profile, but the car will still be linked to the previous owner's account, unless they took steps to remove it from their account.
Old 02-28-2024, 03:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2020 GLC300, 2016 C300
Originally Posted by superswiss
The link can only be removed by a dealership with proof of ownership. Since you imported the car from the US to the UAE that will complicate things. Mercedes me connect does not roam between continents, so the previous owner's profile etc. is tied to the North America region. A dealership in the UAE may not be able to do it because it's the wrong region. You can do a factory reset under the system settings, which will delete the previous owner's profile, but the car will still be linked to the previous owner's account, unless they took steps to remove it from their account.

Thank you for your reply
Is there anyway to get a US delaership remove the previous owner's account if I provide any proof of ownership?

Old 02-28-2024, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,817 Likes on 2,551 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by kingoo
Thank you for your reply
Is there anyway to get a US delaership remove the previous owner's account if I provide any proof of ownership?
So far I've not heard anybody having been able to do this over the phone. Folks in this situation in the USA had to visit the dealership in person and present proof of ownership.