GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Vibrating noise from behind the instrument panel on start up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2024, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2022 GLC
Vibrating noise from behind the instrument panel on start up

I recently purchased a 2022 GLC that has around 4k miles on it. When i start the car and just give little bit of gas, i hear vibration noise from behind the center of the front panel (just above the center screen). I missed this during the test drive as it was not obvious. It happens consistently. I can apply brake and give it little gas and the vibrating noise can be heard. the noise seems to come from behind the center screen area. As the car starts to move and picks up speed, the noise is completely gone. No other issues (no vibration in the steering wheel..etc). The engine on idling does sound bit coarse but not sure if that is normal with a GLC. I took it to the dealer and they said it was an easy fix that they placed insulation behind the insulation panel. That didn't make sense. The noise has gone down a bit but it is very much there. I wanted them to fix the root cause and not just dampen the sound with insulation. It could be something simple but i am worried that it could be more complex like a bearing/cv joint or engine mount issue. I have dropped the car off at the dealer again today. I wanted to check here to see if any other 2022 GLC owners had similar issue and if yes, what was the fix? Thank you.