GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

botched purchased by MB

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLB
Angry botched purchased by MB

I'm very frustrated with MB right now, so mostly venting but also asking for advice. Just moved from Austria back to the US. Was here (in the US) in April, went to the dealer and ordered my car (blue GLC300W4 with driver assistance package and pinnacle line), paid the deposit and was told to pick up the car in July. That was great, the timing worked perfectly with my move back to the US. A week ago, I transferred the funds (paid in full), went to the dealer and damn, wrong car. Did not have the driver assistance package and the seats were a different color (one which I dislike). So here I am, ready to drive a new car out of the lot, but there's no car for me. They tried looking for one and offered me some other car in another color which I did not like. I was fine with GLB or GLC but specific about the packages and the color. They told me that to order a new one, I'd have to wait till October - and only GLCs, no GLBs available at all. The whole point of me ordering the car in April was to be able to have one as soon as I was back in the US in July. Total failure on their part. Now they are giving me the round around and offering me other cars that don't suit me (wrong color inside or outside). I found a car I like on the MBUSA website and sent them the details (it's in another state 500 miles away), but they are supposedly not hearing back from that dealer. The website sucks btw, trying to find suitable cars is like pulling teeth, wheel spins and nothing comes up. The distance filter, which if left at "any distance" is supposed to search the whole country, does not work like that at all. I have to enter random zip codes to search everywhere, if it works at all. Has anyone dealt with anything remotely similar? I am so disappointed in MB. You'd think a "luxury brand" would have more attention to detail and bend over backwards when they screw up.
I asked for a loaner (given they have over $58k of my hard earned cash as collateral), but no, that's for repairs only. I am rethinking MB altogether and wanting my money back and will march to BMW. I have an X2 already but prefer the GLC. BTW, I have a blue 2022 AMG GLB with 12500 miles on it sitting in Austria for sale if anyone is interested (and no, I cannot ship it). Thanks for listening.