GLC Class (X254) Produced 2023+

Official Pricing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2023, 08:09 AM

Received 150 Likes on 90 Posts
2024 GLE, 2022 GLC , 2022 GLC
Official Pricing

I configured a GLC exactly how I wanted it ordered. I sent this configuration to several different dealers for quotes. One dealer immediately responded saying that she will put in the order, however, pricing has not been established by MB. I did see pricing on a link given to me by this website. Am I correct in thinking that the pricing I saw is not official because the vehicle has not yet been officially released? What is the real story behind this car? I’ve heard that they can’t get the new screens for the car, I know that all the chips are still not available, I also heard that many dealers still have too many 2022 GLCs and need to reduce their numbers. Whatever the reason, it seems like an awkward launch for a much anticipated new car. Once fully established, it may be MB most popular vehicle in terms of unit sales. Should I be looking at July for a realistic delivery????
Old 04-09-2023, 08:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 Mercedes GLC, 2021 BMW X3
Originally Posted by Bryce1023
I configured a GLC exactly how I wanted it ordered. I sent this configuration to several different dealers for quotes. One dealer immediately responded saying that she will put in the order, however, pricing has not been established by MB. I did see pricing on a link given to me by this website. Am I correct in thinking that the pricing I saw is not official because the vehicle has not yet been officially released? What is the real story behind this car? I’ve heard that they can’t get the new screens for the car, I know that all the chips are still not available, I also heard that many dealers still have too many 2022 GLCs and need to reduce their numbers. Whatever the reason, it seems like an awkward launch for a much anticipated new car. Once fully established, it may be MB most popular vehicle in terms of unit sales. Should I be looking at July for a realistic delivery????
Based on numerous discussions with my dealer on my vehicle ordered in mid January you will not see 2023 GLCS arrive till late May/June. I am not sure of reasons for delay but I think you hit on some of them (e g. large supply of 2022s). I understand that some 2023s have been produced and are sitting at port in Germany. On pricing. Yes official pricing guide was released a few weeks ago. But dealers will not negotiate actual price till vehicle arrives at dealer due to market forces, incentives, etc. This is the case on any ordered vehicle. Let's hope MB releases them soon!!
Old 04-09-2023, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by jjt1234
Based on numerous discussions with my dealer on my vehicle ordered in mid January you will not see 2023 GLCS arrive till late May/June. I am not sure of reasons for delay but I think you hit on some of them (e g. large supply of 2022s). I understand that some 2023s have been produced and are sitting at port in Germany. On pricing. Yes official pricing guide was released a few weeks ago. But dealers will not negotiate actual price till vehicle arrives at dealer due to market forces, incentives, etc. This is the case on any ordered vehicle. Let's hope MB releases them soon!!
The 2 dealers with whom I’m in contact led me to believe that we can negotiate a final price once the vehicle is officially released, not upon arrival at dealership. One of them went as far as to say that a deposit was not required. Not sure why at this point they just don’t call it a 2024. Best of luck with your new GLC
Old 04-09-2023, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 484 Likes on 359 Posts
2014 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon, 2018 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso manual, 2005 Acura TSX manual
Pricing has been announced, the dealer is just BSing because they probably don't want to offer a deal now that may end up being under market value.
The following users liked this post:
KJWLI (05-07-2023)
Old 04-09-2023, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by BenjaminKohl
Pricing has been announced, the dealer is just BSing because they probably don't want to offer a deal now that may end up being under market value.
I don't think dealers are going to committ to a price today on a vehicle that won't arrive for a month or 2.. market conditions change every day...
Old 04-09-2023, 11:16 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2023 GLC
I don't think dealers are going to committ to a price today on a vehicle that won't arrive for a month or 2.. market conditions change every day...
A dealer also will not and can not commit to a final price on something that does not exist, as there is no VIN. You go by the released pricing and assume that is somewhere in the ballpark. The dealer can’t know what features may have to be deletes for some reason until the vehicle is built. Otherwise, if you don’t want to order, wait to see what starts showing up and they’d be happy to have your business. The story hasn’t changed with all the times OP has asked similar questions.
Old 04-09-2023, 11:20 AM

GLC PRICING

Originally Posted by BenjaminKohl
I tend to agree, I’m fairly certain that the dealer can increase his allotment once the shipping begins. In a fairly short time the dealer will have inventory and be wishing he sold some at this point in the process. Yes, the individuals that must have them first will surely pay for that privilege.
Old 04-09-2023, 11:49 AM

GLC PRICING

Originally Posted by PhotoJeff
A dealer also will not and can not commit to a final price on something that does not exist, as there is no VIN. You go by the released pricing and assume that is somewhere in the ballpark. The dealer can’t know what features may have to be deletes for some reason until the vehicle is built. Otherwise, if you don’t want to order, wait to see what starts showing up and they’d be happy to have your business. The story hasn’t changed with all the times OP has asked similar questions.
I was looking for a commitment of what kind of discount, if any, off of MSRP. One sales manager said that he would do something, wanted to know the exact configuration of the car I want. Thanks for your input
Old 04-24-2023, 07:44 PM

I was looking for a commitment of what kind of discount, if any, off of MSRP. One sales manager said that he would do something, wanted to know the exact configuration of the car I want. Thanks for your input
All the dealers in Houston area seem to want MSRP for the 2023 GLCs.. Wondered if anyone else has actually bought one yet?
Old 04-25-2023, 03:36 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2023 GLC300
All the dealers in Houston area seem to want MSRP for the 2023 GLCs.. Wondered if anyone else has actually bought one yet?
I bought mine MSRP. They were adding $3-5k markup to other so guess that’s my discount.
Old 05-07-2023, 11:04 AM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
2023 GLC300 4Matic SUV
As others have said, dealers will no commit to a price on a vehicle whether on their lot or on a boat with a VIN headed for the dealership. The 2023/2024 model years are an outlier. They're basically the same cars and very close to being sold at the same time. It will be hard to predict how many 2023's will be on lots when the 2024's start arriving in October. My guess is not many. MBUSA has already the dealership ordering system to 2024.

If they are scarce your dealer will benefit from a price negotiated closer to delivery, when the relative scarcity is revealed. If you can't agree on a (higher) price the dealer will have no problem selling "your" car to someone else, unless it's some bizarre configuration.

I ordered a 2023 on Friday (Dealer had to use a 'workaround' to get ordering system to recognize 2023). It's expected to arrive mid to late July. I could have ordered a 2024 for October delivery. The issue for me is that they are exactly the same car. If I ordered the 2024 I would have paid more for their's and gotten less for my 2022 GLC 300 4Matic SUV.
Old 05-08-2023, 03:11 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
GLC
You are correct on parts availability of course. The screen is one, and if you look at the monroney's on '23's on dealer lots, you will very occasionally see right at the end there is a credit for parts not installed which will always be the kick-toe opener thing in the back. It's only like a $100 credit, but if that is important to you, you may not get it. The price on '24's, even though there is a guide to configure it, is still fluid. I was talking to a Utah dealer a couple days ago and she had a different price for some option than what was on the guide. And of course, the very important '24 DX1 and DX2 packages are still TBD. MB's website for the GLC is a bit of a mess as well. The '23 is still not 'buildable' on the 'build your GLC' page, showing 'coming soon' or something. Weird for a car already on lots. If, from there, you just click on 'see inventory', saying OK, I'll see what is available instead of dealing with ordering one....you just get taken to dealer inventories of '22's ...as if the '23's that are on lots don't even exist. I have to say, we have owned several BMW's, Land Rovers and so on, but no MB's, and it's kind of surprising to see someone of MB's stature that isn't maintaining it's website better as well as the oddness of such a late '23 release when everyone else got there's out on time, European, Japanese, Korean, whatever (meaning October-ish of '22). We are still focused on getting a GLC, likely a '24 order but would sure like some clarity from MB.
Old 05-08-2023, 03:46 PM

GLC Pricing

Originally Posted by efr1
You are correct on parts availability of course. The screen is one, and if you look at the monroney's on '23's on dealer lots, you will very occasionally see right at the end there is a credit for parts not installed which will always be the kick-toe opener thing in the back. It's only like a $100 credit, but if that is important to you, you may not get it. The price on '24's, even though there is a guide to configure it, is still fluid. I was talking to a Utah dealer a couple days ago and she had a different price for some option than what was on the guide. And of course, the very important '24 DX1 and DX2 packages are still TBD. MB's website for the GLC is a bit of a mess as well. The '23 is still not 'buildable' on the 'build your GLC' page, showing 'coming soon' or something. Weird for a car already on lots. If, from there, you just click on 'see inventory', saying OK, I'll see what is available instead of dealing with ordering one....you just get taken to dealer inventories of '22's ...as if the '23's that are on lots don't even exist. I have to say, we have owned several BMW's, Land Rovers and so on, but no MB's, and it's kind of surprising to see someone of MB's stature that isn't maintaining it's website better as well as the oddness of such a late '23 release when everyone else got there's out on time, European, Japanese, Korean, whatever (meaning October-ish of '22). We are still focused on getting a GLC, likely a '24 order but would sure like some clarity from MB.
I’ve come to the conclusion that dealers will take orders and not give you a definitive price. The prices have been established, cars have been sold, and the confusion that has surrounded the release of the GLC should be embarrassing for MB. When your so called ordered GLC arrives or shortly before the dealer will then determine the price based upon market demand. Don’t forget your build must include the upgraded dash and heated steering wheel whether you want it or not. You will more than likely get a credit or two for items that were not available. This is a good time not to buy a car unless you have to.
efr1 (05-11-2023)
Old 05-08-2023, 04:07 PM

I agree with you. It has kind of been a circus ordering a 2023 GLC. Not sure exactly why, but looks like availability of certain parts/options may be part of it. My dealer tried to get me to sign an order that I would pay MSRP even though mine will not arrive for another 2+ months. I refused so we will see what market is in 2 months. Very Disappointing....
efr1 (05-11-2023)
Old 05-28-2023, 03:33 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 GLC300 / 2021 C300
DC/No. Virginia market has pricing around $1500-$2000 off MSRP on in stock, or transferable vehicles. Most are Pinnacle level. Just picked one up. They also matched my CarMax offer which was 50% of what I paid for my new 2017 GLC300.

Very happy with the pricing, but loan rates are ridiculous.