GLC Class (X254) Produced 2023+

Test Drove 2023 GLC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2023, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 450 Likes on 358 Posts
2015 CLS 550 2015 ML 400 Previous 2020 GLB 250 2019 A 220 2005 ML 350 1989 300 E 2001 SL 500
Originally Posted by KJWLI
Just chatted with my friendly neighborhood MB Dealer. 2023 & 2024 will overlap. 2023’s were released last week and 2024’s will be released in October. Cars will be exactly the same. Consider the source 🤣

Kyle
Won't be much if any overlap. 23 allocations look like they are done. If that's true the last 23's will be arriving late August early Sept. NOTHING has been released on time in the last 2+ years. So I'm not confident that 24's will be available in October.
The following users liked this post:
BenzNika (05-04-2023)
Old 05-05-2023, 08:43 AM

Received 150 Likes on 90 Posts
2024 GLE, 2022 GLC , 2022 GLC
My biggest concern is the hit in value my 2022 will take once the 2024’s are released. I’m guessing the difference in value 1 model year behind and 2 model years behind is substantial.

I just looked at my 2022 sticker and the base was $45,850. the Base for the 2023 is $49,100. That might put the 2024 base around $52,350, maybe a little less because the car won’t be any different from the 2023.
I believe that the 2023 has some standard equipment that was optional on your 2022. That would account for some of the difference in MSRP. If you’re not planning on trading in your 2022 then it becomes a moot point. Generally speaking, MB does not have good resale value, which adds to the actual cost of ownership. Trade in values are still very high as dealerships are anxious to put some more cars on their lots. Dealerships are making money on both ends of the deal, getting more for what they are selling, and stealing as much as they can from the trade in. Enjoy your 2022, I personally like the 2022 just as much as the new one .
Old 05-05-2023, 09:10 AM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
2023 GLC300 4Matic SUV
I worked at a dealership 30 years ago. The motto then, as now, was “Everything for mine, nothing for yours.” 🤣

My chief concern is the major trade in hit on my 2022 if I wait for the 2024’s. I suspect the value would fall off a cliff relative to trading it in agains a 2023.
Old 05-05-2023, 01:39 PM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
2023 GLC300 4Matic SUV
So I ordered the 2023. There will be zero difference between the 2024 and 2023. I decked it out and MSRP is $64,700. The dealer still didn’t have 2024 pricing, but base is bout to be $2-$3K higher than 2023.

Delivery should be July +/-.
Old 05-06-2023, 12:16 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2023 GLC 300, 2021 VW ID4
So I ordered the 2023. There will be zero difference between the 2024 and 2023. I decked it out and MSRP is $64,700. The dealer still didn’t have 2024 pricing, but base is bout to be $2-$3K higher than 2023.

Delivery should be July +/-.
Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum. Through my dealer's allocation I ordered a 2023 on March 18. He tells me I should see it sometime next month. I asked to add Distronic to my order on April 18th but my dealer told me no can do, orders were frozen on April 6th. I wish he would have told me ahead of time when the last day of changes would be - oh well. I have a 2016 GLA that I also custom ordered that I plan to trade or privately sell. This car has been totally problem free all the time I have owned it, hence my reason for staying with MB and moving up a class and we also needed more room. My 2023 is close to the 2016 in colors, going from Mountain Grey to Selenite (very glad this color was not dropped for the 2023 as it seems to be for 2024 - crazy, why?!) and interior is going from Beige to Macchiato Beige (hope it is not too light as it looks on some YouTube videos). This is the first time I have ordered a car without even sitting in it. I hope I don't regret it. My build is somewhat conservative, tying to keep cost to no more than $55,000. I have included Exclusive Package, black dash with lines, vented seats, rubber matts, USB package (this was $220 when I first specified it but when the dealer acknowledgement came through it was raised to $300, but now I notice on the 2024 sheet it is listed back at $220 - crazy) and of course the obligatory MB-Tex dashboard and heated steering wheel, total $54,970.This is the sixth new car I have purchased from this dealer, including my second Mercedes, others being multiple CRVs and a Mini Cooper. As a good repeat customer, that has always received a $1500 or $2000 (GLA) discount, I told them I needed an "Exceptional Customer Discount" (my words) but they told me getting the 2023 at MSRP was my discount! It is definitely not like the old days. I am amazed that someone else on the forum says they are getting a 4% or more discount.
Well, just thought you might be interested in my story. It has been interesting following this forum. It is more active than other MB forums I was following.
Old 05-06-2023, 10:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 Mercedes GLC, 2021 BMW X3
[QUOTE=Gitzer;8772898]Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum. Through my dealer's allocation I ordered a 2023 on March 18. He tells me I should see it sometime next month. I asked to add Distronic to my order on April 18th but my dealer told me no can do, orders were frozen on April 6th. I wish he would have told me ahead of time when the last day of changes would be - oh well. I have a 2016 GLA that I also custom ordered that I plan to trade or privately sell. This car has been totally problem free all the time I have owned it, hence my reason for staying with MB and moving up a class and we also needed more room. My 2023 is close to the 2016 in colors, going from Mountain Grey to Selenite (very glad this color was not dropped for the 2023 as it seems to be for 2024 - crazy, why?!) and interior is going from Beige to Macchiato Beige (hope it is not too light as it looks on some YouTube videos). This is the first time I have ordered a car without even sitting in it. I hope I don't regret it. My build is somewhat conservative, tying to keep cost to no more than $55,000. I have included Exclusive Package, black dash with lines, vented seats, rubber matts, USB package (this was $220 when I first specified it but when the dealer acknowledgement came through it was raised to $300, but now I notice on the 2024 sheet it is listed back at $220 - crazy) and of course the obligatory MB-Tex dashboard and heated steering wheel, total $54,970.This is the sixth new car I have purchased from this dealer, including my second Mercedes, others being multiple CRVs and a Mini Cooper. As a good repeat customer, that has always received a $1500 or $2000 (GLA) discount, I told them I needed an "Exceptional Customer Discount" (my words) but they told me getting the 2023 at MSRP was my discount! It is definitely not like the old days. I am amazed that someone else on the forum says they are getting a 4% or more discount.
Well, just thought you might be interested in my story. It has been interesting following this forum. It is more active than other MB forums I

My dealer told me same thing MSRP even though I have been a good customer for 6 years and this is my third vehicle purchased. We shall see when it comes in in 2 months.. hoping for $1500 off...
Old 05-06-2023, 04:59 PM

Received 163 Likes on 122 Posts
2021 Glb35 AMG (2013 GLK 350)
I already got $1K discount+$1K trade offer from my dealer, of course for 2023 GLC's in their lot...In comparison I got 6% on GLB35 in its first year of release 2 years ago when market was hotter... After initial orders, the dealers may start the discounts...
Old 05-06-2023, 05:34 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
GLC
Originally Posted by Serhan
I already got $1K discount+$1K trade offer from my dealer, of course for 2023 GLC's in their lot...In comparison I got 6% on GLB35 in its first year of release 2 years ago when market was hotter... After initial orders, the dealers may start the discounts...
For a new model year, even getting 1K knocked off is probably pretty good...at least...these days. One thing of note after test driving several different vehicles, the MB lot was the one that didn't have a label next to the Monroney with a bunch of ridiculous add-ons, mark-ups or 'market adjustment'.
Old 05-07-2023, 09:21 AM

Received 150 Likes on 90 Posts
2024 GLE, 2022 GLC , 2022 GLC
Discount on GLC

Originally Posted by Gitzer
Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum. Through my dealer's allocation I ordered a 2023 on March 18. He tells me I should see it sometime next month. I asked to add Distronic to my order on April 18th but my dealer told me no can do, orders were frozen on April 6th. I wish he would have told me ahead of time when the last day of changes would be - oh well. I have a 2016 GLA that I also custom ordered that I plan to trade or privately sell. This car has been totally problem free all the time I have owned it, hence my reason for staying with MB and moving up a class and we also needed more room. My 2023 is close to the 2016 in colors, going from Mountain Grey to Selenite (very glad this color was not dropped for the 2023 as it seems to be for 2024 - crazy, why?!) and interior is going from Beige to Macchiato Beige (hope it is not too light as it looks on some YouTube videos). This is the first time I have ordered a car without even sitting in it. I hope I don't regret it. My build is somewhat conservative, tying to keep cost to no more than $55,000. I have included Exclusive Package, black dash with lines, vented seats, rubber matts, USB package (this was $220 when I first specified it but when the dealer acknowledgement came through it was raised to $300, but now I notice on the 2024 sheet it is listed back at $220 - crazy) and of course the obligatory MB-Tex dashboard and heated steering wheel, total $54,970.This is the sixth new car I have purchased from this dealer, including my second Mercedes, others being multiple CRVs and a Mini Cooper. As a good repeat customer, that has always received a $1500 or $2000 (GLA) discount, I told them I needed an "Exceptional Customer Discount" (my words) but they told me getting the 2023 at MSRP was my discount! It is definitely not like the old days. I am amazed that someone else on the forum says they are getting a 4% or more discount.
Well, just thought you might be interested in my story. It has been interesting following this forum. It is more active than other MB forums I was following.
First of all, best of luck with your new vehicle. Secondly, for a good customer, you are surely not getting the appreciation you deserve. Your discount should be at least $2000. I priced the GLC and can get a $2k discount, I’m hoping for slightly more at a dealer where this will be our 7th MB. I try to keep my finger on the pulse of what is happening with new car prices. There were many GLCs sitting at the dock in Germany, some waiting for the center console screen, others perhaps waiting for another components. You will shortly see significant numbers of GLCs arriving at local dealerships, many without a customer order attached to it. Don’t forget, in about 5 months the 2024 will be out. Dealers pay money to have cars sitting in inventory, dealers make money selling them, from the customer as well as from MB depending on the sales figures and incentives. And what’s the story with the USB package? You sound like a loyal customer, as I am too. You should have him speak with the general manager and give you a well deserved discount. BTW, I realize prices can vary depending where you live and how much competition there is, however, your dealer is paying the same amount for his cars as every other dealer nationwide. Again, good luck
Old 05-08-2023, 06:02 PM

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
2023 (X254) GLC300 RWD White
Originally Posted by Bryce1023
First of all, best of luck with your new vehicle. Secondly, for a good customer, you are surely not getting the appreciation you deserve. Your discount should be at least $2000. I priced the GLC and can get a $2k discount, I’m hoping for slightly more at a dealer where this will be our 7th MB. I try to keep my finger on the pulse of what is happening with new car prices. There were many GLCs sitting at the dock in Germany, some waiting for the center console screen, others perhaps waiting for another components. You will shortly see significant numbers of GLCs arriving at local dealerships, many without a customer order attached to it. Don’t forget, in about 5 months the 2024 will be out. Dealers pay money to have cars sitting in inventory, dealers make money selling them, from the customer as well as from MB depending on the sales figures and incentives. And what’s the story with the USB package? You sound like a loyal customer, as I am too. You should have him speak with the general manager and give you a well deserved discount. BTW, I realize prices can vary depending where you live and how much competition there is, however, your dealer is paying the same amount for his cars as every other dealer nationwide. Again, good luck
Gitzer If I wasn't the 1st order, I was the second from the dealer allocation for the 2023 GLC300. I too have ordered multiple cars from this same dealer. When I picked up the car the salesman he told me "No Discount". I have bought MB's from this same salesman since 2017. The MSRP was $55,650, $50 more the original order. I paid $52,302 plus free hand pinstriping (about a $350 value). Which is at the very low end of Edmonds pricing. Let the sales manager and if necessary, the general manager know you're a very loyal MB customer. I have a feeling they will discount times 2.

Last edited by DESAL; 05-09-2023 at 06:40 AM.
Old 05-09-2023, 11:48 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
2015 E 250, 1999 BMW M Roadster, 1939 International Harvester, 2023 GLC
Does the 2023 GLC seat belts give you the mercedes hug like my 2016 E class when you buckle ? Does the GLC have folding rear view mirrors ? Are the headrest electric adjust ?
Old 05-09-2023, 11:49 AM

Received 209 Likes on 170 Posts
'23 GLS450
Originally Posted by efr1
My first post! We drove the '23 GLC yesterday and actually found it pretty impressive. Notably, the sound level, or lack of, inside was probably as silent as I have ever heard. We are shopping for a 2019 RDX replacement, and this is the last car on our list....primarily because it is so late getting to market. The power felt great, especially for what doesn't seem that impressive of HP/Torque numbers, the auto off/start was seamless, the screen (s) are beautiful, albeit at the expense of real buttons. The gear selector on the column would take some getting use to. The lack of USB ports was pretty bad....I think there are only 3 w/o adding an additional up-charge to get more, and none in the back for rear passengers. If there are cupholders in the back I missed them. I think the thing that surprised me the most was finding out the just released '23's are either on lots, or on transports/ship on the way to the lot., and '24 orders are now being taken. That has to be the shortest model year ever. Anyway, I am putting an order together Thursday and just pretending that it doesn't cost an arm and 2 legs. Looking forward to my new blog after 4 years of 'Acurazine' which was a huge help in learning about that car.
I'm also coming from AZ as well (finished 5 years of Acura) and got the X3 last fall after no longer willing to wait for the '23 GLC. Did you consider the X3 at all?
Old 05-09-2023, 11:51 AM

'23 GLS450
For those of you who have test driven the GLC, how many of you really hate the lack of buttons? There's a small revolt going on in the industry where buttonless cars are being considered less and less!
Old 05-09-2023, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,587 Likes on 983 Posts
Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Originally Posted by EWL5
For those of you who have test driven the GLC, how many of you really hate the lack of buttons? There's a small revolt going on in the industry where buttonless cars are being considered less and less!
I have the MBUX 2.0 system in my S-Class. Do I hate the lack of buttons? No. Are they my preference to physical buttons? Also no. I would be very happy with physical buttons on the steering wheel and infotainment system, but I will say the MBUX 2.0 system is very easy to get along with and the HVAC controls are always present and in the same place which is very nice, especially compared to the awful hidden controls of BMW's iDrive 8.0 and Volvo's Android UX. Its a bit of an adjustment, but not a dealbreaker to me, the right steering trackpad can also still be used for the infotainment.
EWL5 (05-09-2023)
Old 05-09-2023, 01:23 PM

'23 GLS450
Originally Posted by js_cls
I have the MBUX 2.0 system in my S-Class. Do I hate the lack of buttons? No. Are they my preference to physical buttons? Also no. I would be very happy with physical buttons on the steering wheel and infotainment system, but I will say the MBUX 2.0 system is very easy to get along with and the HVAC controls are always present and in the same place which is very nice, especially compared to the awful hidden controls of BMW's iDrive 8.0 and Volvo's Android UX. Its a bit of an adjustment, but not a dealbreaker to me, the right steering trackpad can also still be used for the infotainment.
Good to know! How often do you use "Hey, Mercedes" or you don't use verbal commands at all?
Old 05-09-2023, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,587 Likes on 983 Posts
Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Good to know! How often do you use "Hey, Mercedes" or you don't use verbal commands at all?
I’ve maybe used it a few times for navigation, but in general I don’t use it much, although I didn’t use it in any of my other cars either.
EWL5 (05-09-2023)
Old 05-09-2023, 03:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,847 Likes on 2,425 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
I test drove a W206 and although I dislike it, I think I will get used to it actually. The only caveat is that if you have dry fingers the capacitive touch might sometimes not register as often as you like.
EWL5 (05-09-2023)
Old 05-09-2023, 03:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by SEC1939
Does the 2023 GLC seat belts give you the mercedes hug like my 2016 E class when you buckle ? Does the GLC have folding rear view mirrors ? Are the headrest electric adjust ?
That hug is called Belt Adjustment I believe and you can turn it on and off. From the 2023 GLC I seen there are folding mirrors. Headrest not sure.
Old 05-09-2023, 03:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

They dropped it in favour of Graphite I think I heard
Old 05-09-2023, 03:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

Anyone know what the additional depreciation percentage from 1 model year old to 2 model years old is?
It also depends if you are going from one generation to another, your 2022 I believe is X253, X254 first model year was 2023 so a newer generation might (not always) cause the last generation depreciation to be (a little?) higher. Another thing is generally facelift will also drop the value of pre-facelift more when facelifts are introduced, 2020 was the facelift for the X253 so 2019 cars would depreciate slightly faster when the 2020 came out for example. In your case however, that doesn't affect you.
Old 05-09-2023, 05:24 PM

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
2023 (X254) GLC300 RWD White
Yes if you don’t like to be hugged it can be turned off on the MBUX system. Has folding mirrors when you lock the car. Also they can be folded manually with a button on the mirror adjusting switch. On the seat adjust you can adjust the head rest up/down plus it can be manually adjusted so it moves forward or back.
Old 05-10-2023, 12:23 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2023 GLC300
I may be pretty biased but I love buttonless screens so I’m loving my glc right now. The only negative thing would be how sensitive the volume buttons on my steering wheel are.
EWL5 (05-10-2023)
Old 05-10-2023, 09:42 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
2015 E 250, 1999 BMW M Roadster, 1939 International Harvester, 2023 GLC
Thanks Desal, Our GLC is set to arrive to the dealer May 19th. My dealer has 2 on the lot. Not sure if they are spoken for or not. I like the Mercedes hug. I never fold in my mirrors on my E.
Old 05-10-2023, 09:49 AM

'23 GLS450
Thanks Desal, Our GLC is set to arrive to the dealer May 19th. My dealer has 2 on the lot. Not sure if they are spoken for or not. I like the Mercedes hug. I never fold in my mirrors on my E.
The car is telling you it loves you!
Old 05-10-2023, 11:41 AM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
The Emerald Cruiser - my 2024 GLE 350
Originally Posted by efr1
For a new model year, even getting 1K knocked off is probably pretty good...at least...these days. One thing of note after test driving several different vehicles, the MB lot was the one that didn't have a label next to the Monroney with a bunch of ridiculous add-ons, mark-ups or 'market adjustment'.
That's right, about the discount if you can get it.. Unfortunately, here in Honolulu, we only have one Mercedes dealer. I saw the only 2023 GLC they're received thus far, and it had $3K dealer markup on it. Apparently, they aren't willing to move off that amount. Of course, they have no competition, so there's no incentive for them to actually work with their (potential) customers. Hawaii may be "paradise", but not in every sense.

Last edited by bud.jones; 05-10-2023 at 11:45 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Test Drove 2023 GLC