GLC Class (X254) Produced 2023+

AMG Line vs. Regular Front Seat Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2023, 10:46 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
Originally Posted by schroedinger
I had a 2016 GLC that had lots of problems, but my 2021 has been problem-free. I'd stay away from the first model year of a new Merc, but they do seem to get the bugs out as time goes on. Hopefully this applies to the 2024 GLC.
!00% correct. I read this forum before purchasing a 2017 GLC, there were lots of complaints about the 2016 GLC (first year GLC). Most seemed minor to me, the biggest complaint, if I remember correctly, concerned the windshield and wipers. Some people complained that the wipers did not clear the windshield of rain so they had the dealer "polish" the windshield. For some this fixed the problem but others said the problem still remained. Anyway, my 2017 has been problem free (I keep my cars a long time).
Old 10-04-2023, 04:28 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2011 ML350
Originally Posted by ted_jane
!00% correct. I read this forum before purchasing a 2017 GLC, there were lots of complaints about the 2016 GLC (first year GLC). Most seemed minor to me, the biggest complaint, if I remember correctly, concerned the windshield and wipers. Some people complained that the wipers did not clear the windshield of rain so they had the dealer "polish" the windshield. For some this fixed the problem but others said the problem still remained. Anyway, my 2017 has been problem free (I keep my cars a long time).
Mine included parking lights coming on by themselves at night, squealing brakes when backing up in the morning, satellite radio going dead, start/stop battery going dead.
Old 10-07-2023, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 238 Likes on 178 Posts
Trek Bike
Originally Posted by newglcdriver
I don't need to post on BMW forums, I've had no problems with my BMW yet. The least I can do is try to save someone here from making a potential mistake if they're thinking of purchasing a '23 GLC by sharing my experience with it.
If you stick to the facts, list your issues would help members.
Sweeping, off the wall statements like “problems lots of folks have…” don’t add any value.