GLC Class (X254) Produced 2023+

Headlights Condensation and Exhaust valve flap malfunction on brand new 2024 GLC 300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2024, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2024 GLC 300 SUV
Headlights Condensation and Exhaust valve flap malfunction on brand new 2024 GLC 300

Is anyone experiencing headlight fogging up and check engine light due to exhaust valve flaps being frozen in cold weather Issues? I picked up 2024 GLC 300 a month ago and I have been experiencing these issues right off the bat. The dealership and MB Canada hasn't been really helpful and said it's normal for the headlights to fog up in colder weathers. That sounds cheap let alone looking at them. They did a band aid fix by greasing the flaps but it never resolved the issue. So, basically they didn't do anything other than just running some tests and scans. It's very shocking to get such a response from a luxury brand like Mercedes Benz.

Old 03-21-2024, 11:21 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,391 Likes on 2,039 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823
Originally Posted by amarinder.s
Is anyone experiencing headlight fogging up and check engine light due to exhaust valve flaps being frozen in cold weather Issues? I picked up 2024 GLC 300 a month ago and I have been experiencing these issues right off the bat. The dealership and MB Canada hasn't been really helpful and said it's normal for the headlights to fog up in colder weathers. That sounds cheap let alone looking at them. They did a band aid fix by greasing the flaps but it never resolved the issue. So, basically they didn't do anything other than just running some tests and scans. It's very shocking to get such a response from a luxury brand like Mercedes Benz.

Hmmm hold cold is it there? First time I am hearing about exhaust flap freezing, I only heard of frozen windows. I'm from the GTA.
Old 03-21-2024, 03:01 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2023 GLC 300, 2021 VW ID4
Fogging headlights is a very common occurrence on all kinds of vehicles, expensive or not. Happens especially when the vehicle is going from a cold ambient to a warmer area like a heated garage. Yours doesn’t look so bad, just around the edges of the light.
Never heard of a freezing exhaust flap.