Help: Active emergency stop unavailable or inoperative

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2024, 04:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC 300 X254
Help: Active emergency stop unavailable or inoperative

Hi guys,

New GLC owner from Australia here. My car is only a month old and I am constantly seeing this message 'Active emergency stop unavailable' or 'Active emergency stop inoperative'. The former message usually goes away by itself but not the latter. I also notice the latter only appears after the former.

I have already brought my vehicle to the dealership once, they updated the software and that seems to have tone it down a fair bit but its still happening intermittently. Both messages used to appear on every drive, and can be annoying as they will reappear after acknowleding the fault from the steerling wheel control. Since updating the main control unit software, it is behaving a lot better, and have gone from every drive to every other one. Good thing is they seems to not come back for awhile upon fault acknowledgement. The vehicle has also jam brake on me once on a normal road condition, but that is probably not related to this.

I am bringing my car back to the dealership to let them have another go. Does anyone here has a similar experience? It is an awesome family vehicle and is also my 3rd Merc. I love it a lot and am hoping someone with solution can let me know what was the cause of it so I can pass it on to the dealership to avoid future back and forth attempts.

Last edited by Tendiousx; 02-02-2024 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-05-2024, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC
my wife’s GLC had same problem one month ago, and her car was too dirty, I think those sensors cannot work properly, several days after a nice car wash, the warning message disappeared,
Old 02-05-2024, 01:14 AM

GLC 300 X254
Thanks for the comment. I wash my cars every week BUT it does have ceramic coating done. I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.
Old 02-08-2024, 02:46 PM

GLC 300 X254
Verdict: A few components needed to be replaced. The main control unit is one of them.