GLC Class (X254) Produced 2023+

Couple of questions regarding 2024 GLC, for those based in Ontario, Canada.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2024, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 300 2024
Couple of questions regarding 2024 GLC, for those based in Ontario, Canada.

Ordered a 2024 Mercedes GLC 300 from a dealership in Toronto, and it should be delivered next month.

Can anyone in Ontario tell me at what point the dealerships get the VIN and build details? I've asked the dealership and they say they don't have that information yet.

To be honest, I'm not very impressed with the customer service. They only confirmed that I wouldn't be getting enhanced ambient lighting after I read about the issue on here, despite the fact it was ordered in October.

I understand that US cars have Sirius XM as standard now. Does that also apply to cars bound for Canada? Again, dealership had no clue.

Just looking for a bit of guidance. So far, not impressed and the vehicle hasn't even been delivered.....
Old 02-09-2024, 10:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2023 GLC 300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Joey Mugo
Ordered a 2024 Mercedes GLC 300 from a dealership in Toronto, and it should be delivered next month.

Can anyone in Ontario tell me at what point the dealerships get the VIN and build details? I've asked the dealership and they say they don't have that information yet.

To be honest, I'm not very impressed with the customer service. They only confirmed that I wouldn't be getting enhanced ambient lighting after I read about the issue on here, despite the fact it was ordered in October.

I understand that US cars have Sirius XM as standard now. Does that also apply to cars bound for Canada? Again, dealership had no clue.

Just looking for a bit of guidance. So far, not impressed and the vehicle hasn't even been delivered.....
I got GLC 2023 from Dealership in GTA and was informed about the missing enhanced Ambient light (around vents and dash) quite late in the process. I don't mind the missing lights as I like the amount of ambient lighting present now but yeah there is a chance the dealership either has no clue/does not care or purposefully hides it. They should have the VIN details pretty early unless your car is still being manufactured. I used to own a GLB and it was shipped from Montreal, the dealership had the VIN before the car got shipped.
The following users liked this post:
Joey Mugo (02-10-2024)
Old 02-09-2024, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 447 Likes on 357 Posts
2015 CLS 550 2015 ML 400 Previous 2020 GLB 250 2019 A 220 2005 ML 350 1989 300 E 2001 SL 500
Originally Posted by Joey Mugo

Dealer can go into the Canadian version of Netstar and see the build details. If the car is being built now the VIN will be there too. Sounds like a lazy salesperson
The following users liked this post:
Joey Mugo (02-10-2024)
Old 02-14-2024, 02:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 300 2024
Just to follow up on this:

Sirius XM comes as standard on 2024 vehicles bound for Canada too (with 6 month trial).

The new configurator for 2024 models is finally showing on MB Canada website, with updated prices/trims. Any mention of enhanced ambient lighting has disappeared entirely.

I'm still waiting on my VIN....