GLC Class (X254) Produced 2023+

super bummed...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2024, 01:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2024 GLC COUPE
super bummed...

Purchased a 2024 GLC 300 today. Vehicle came with installed $13,000 of options that included
Exclusive Trim
AMG Line
Nappa Leather upholstery

Shortly after purchase, I was absolutely dumbfounded when I realized there was no enhanced ambient lighting. "Exclusive trim includes enhanced ambient lighting" I thought to myself.
it was a
I researched and sure enough, enhanced ambient lighting was standard with "Exclusive trim " in 2023. For 2024, enhanced ambient lighting was quietly removed from "exclusive trim".

The salesman never said a word to me about this, all the while boasting how "loaded" the vehicle was with options.

Granted, I am 1000% responsible for this blunder and I own it. That said, there was no doubt in my mind I was getting enhanced ambient lighting- just as there was no doubt the car came with a radio and a steering wheel.

I have to believe this issue has come up before. I am all but certain I was deliberately misled by the salesman, convinced he withheld this information from me intentionally.

Had I known there was no enhanced ambient lighting on the vehicle I would not have purchased it. In fact, I traded in a 2023 model mercedes with only 3,000 miles primarily because of the updated interior and enhanced ambient lighting.

FURIOUS at myself. FURIOUS at the salesman/dealership.

The following users liked this post:
2Coupe4 (03-05-2024)
Old 03-05-2024, 10:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
24 GLC
Similar experience here

I went with this year and model because of the technology and interior (Augmented reality, huge heads up display, digital light projections, parking assistance and the enhanced ambient).

At least my salesman mentioned upfront that there was a "very low chance" of the enhanced ambient being put on my car, however he still added it to the build sheet and it was removed later in the process.

While I believe the difference between no enhanced ambient vs with enhanced ambient isn't a huge issue in the grand scheme of things it's still a gut punch.

I think part of the reason people complain about this issue is because if you youtube "23/24 GLC" on the web almost every video shows that gorgeous spaceship interior with all those lights. To find out post-order that it will not be included really does take away some of the spark of the car, it sucks.

Jbnonc (03-05-2024)
Old 03-05-2024, 11:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2024 GLC 300 4matic
Originally Posted by Jbnonc
Purchased a 2024 GLC 300 today. Vehicle came with installed $13,000 of options that included
Exclusive Trim
AMG Line
Nappa Leather upholstery

Shortly after purchase, I was absolutely dumbfounded when I realized there was no enhanced ambient lighting. "Exclusive trim includes enhanced ambient lighting" I thought to myself.
it was a
I researched and sure enough, enhanced ambient lighting was standard with "Exclusive trim " in 2023. For 2024, enhanced ambient lighting was quietly removed from "exclusive trim".

The salesman never said a word to me about this, all the while boasting how "loaded" the vehicle was with options.

Granted, I am 1000% responsible for this blunder and I own it. That said, there was no doubt in my mind I was getting enhanced ambient lighting- just as there was no doubt the car came with a radio and a steering wheel.

I have to believe this issue has come up before. I am all but certain I was deliberately misled by the salesman, convinced he withheld this information from me intentionally.

Had I known there was no enhanced ambient lighting on the vehicle I would not have purchased it. In fact, I traded in a 2023 model mercedes with only 3,000 miles primarily because of the updated interior and enhanced ambient lighting.

FURIOUS at myself. FURIOUS at the salesman/dealership.
Did you have a line item on your build sheet that reads "Credit for omission of Ambient Lighting" with a negative few hundred bucks? I saw that a few times during my search but I always assumed that it is included in Exclusive and Pinnacle Line.
Old 03-05-2024, 12:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2024 GLC
Disappointed as well, and I also agree. My wife traded-in her 2022 C300; and discovered that the ' 24 Coupe doesn't have ambient lighting in the vents.
Jbnonc (03-05-2024)
Old 03-05-2024, 02:32 PM

2024 GLC COUPE
The option was previously included in both the Exclusive and Pinnacle line, but mercedes unceremoniously deleted it in 2024. I've looked high and low trying to determine the reason why- from what I've read it was dropped because it's unavailable for some reason (e.g. chip shortage). Something I else I realized last night- there was no sticker on the vehicle. Salesman used another reference page to show me the options/packages on the vehicle- called the dealership and they have no sticker apparently because they've not called me back (they are required by law to show the sticker). So I went online an obtained a copy of the original sticker from a 3rd party. The sticker shows the vehicle was built with Sienna Brown Nappa Leather with a line item charge of $2590. My interior is black. Whether its Nappa Leather I cannot say- but from what I've read the manufacturer's MSRP sticker (aka Monroney Label) is Gospel and trumps everything else. Period.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out-
Old 03-05-2024, 02:35 PM

2024 GLC COUPE
Sorry to hear that- though must admit it helps knowing I'm not the only one, I feel a little less foolish. I guess it's true- misery really does love company!
Old 03-05-2024, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 474 Likes on 351 Posts
2014 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon, 2018 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso manual, 2005 Acura TSX manual
The nappa leather has wavy patterns in it and on the door, the regular leather/MB-Tex has horizontal lines. Nappa has an extremely smooth feel to it, no blemishes, while other interiors have graining.

Huge bummer on the enanced ambient lighting, it's been docummented a few times on this forum. When the 2024 order guide first came out, it included enhanced ambient lighting in Exclusive and Pinnacle trims as it did with 2023s, but before production started a shortage began so 2024 C and GLCs didn't inculude them in builds. Initial build sheets showed a Credit for missing equipment from package, but by the time the cars were released and pricing was finalized, they just removed enhanced ambient lighting from the packages and lowered the prices.

I've begun to see a few Cs and GLCs, very recent builds, with enhanced ambient showing up as a standalone option on build sheets, but it's still uncommon.

Last edited by BenjaminKohl; 03-05-2024 at 04:22 PM.
Jbnonc (03-05-2024)
Old 03-05-2024, 05:16 PM

2024 GLC COUPE
Thank you for responding and sharing this valuable information. It is precisely the explanation I've been searching for.
Old 03-31-2024, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC
I (always never trusting anyone) understand your plight. But to be honest, it hasn’t been an issue because I don’t drive at night as much as I thought. Mercedes is at fault, but in my case it was a feature I didn’t use as much as I was really expecting. I hope that is the case with you. G-d bless.
Old 04-01-2024, 02:34 AM

2024 GLC COUPE
Originally Posted by darcn
I (always never trusting anyone) understand your plight. But to be honest, it hasn’t been an issue because I don’t drive at night as much as I thought. Mercedes is at fault, but in my case it was a feature I didn’t use as much as I was really expecting. I hope that is the case with you. G-d bless.
Thank you- very kind of you to reach out. The limited ambient lighting that came with the vehicle is quite nice, I agree.

I did have my heart set on those illuminated vents however and thankfully have found a vendor outside the US who is sending me a set of 5 OEM vents, wiring harness and coding tool.

chillysyrup (04-16-2024)