Chk Engine Light Issue - Seeking Advise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2024, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC300
Chk Engine Light Issue - Seeking Advise

Hello fellow MBWorld members,

I am reaching out to the community for advice and support regarding a frustrating issue with my Mercedes. For the past 8 months, I've been dealing with a persistent Check Engine Light that has yet to be resolved despite multiple visits to two different dealerships. The dealerships have determined that the issue is a software problem, but they have been unable to provide a fix due to its complexity and the need for a software update to link with multiple components.

Feeling unsafe and inconvenienced, I have made several inquiries about the status of the fix and even requested a repurchase under the NJ Lemon Law, but my request was denied. In an effort to escalate the issue, I have sent a registered letter to Mercedes USA and am now working with a lawyer to appeal the decision.

My question to the community is whether anyone else has faced similar issues with Mercedes being unable to correct a serious defect and how they have dealt with it. Any advice or suggestions on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help and support