GLC Class (X254) Produced 2023+

Bad user experiences with issues with my 1st MBUX updates...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2024, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
N/A
Angry Bad user experiences with issues with my 1st MBUX updates...

Yesterday, Mercedes 2024 GLC 300 4matic SUV's MBUX said an update available was available. I delayed it since I wasn't ready since it might cause problems. I was hoping it would fix the lack of "You forgot your phone." saying (what happened since it was working fine a few days ago?) when exiting SUV that started a few days ago (yes, it is on in its settings). Finally in the mid afternoon in home's garage, started its update, exited, and locked the SUV to upgrade. Next day, checked again but it still told me of the update. Tried again in the same place, went to do home work and eat lunch, and went to check again. No offer this time. I guess update worked the second time. Software version said RL_NTG7_E330.703_23472AC3.

However, the wireless connection between iPhone 11 Pro Max and 13 with iOS v17.5 weren't working. Using lightning+USB cable did work fine but that's annoying. Disconnecting, repairing, and rebooting iPhones did not fix it.

Local technical support's help, over the phone, wasn't helpful and said to go in person on weekedays to get help and fix in person. I found out that I could reboot MBUX by holding down its physical power button to turn it off and then pressing it again to be on like with computers. That fixed it.

Did this happen to others too or was I just unlucky? SUV was only six months old too. I wasted like a hour on this! :/

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon.
Old 05-19-2024, 11:38 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2024 GLC 300 4Matic SUV
Could it be poor reception in your garage preventing the software update? I would park outside the garage and try again.
The following users liked this post:
Gitzer (05-19-2024)
Old 05-19-2024, 01:15 PM

N/A
Originally Posted by cjc52315
Could it be poor reception in your garage preventing the software update? I would park outside the garage and try again.
Doesn't the message come up when the update is already downloaded and waiting for the user to accept its installation?
Old 05-20-2024, 07:36 AM

Received 175 Likes on 140 Posts
'23 GLS450
On my GLS, the car had to be:

1) Parked
2) Ignition Off
3) Parking Brake engaged

I think most people forget #3. Did you have the parking brake on when installing?
The following 2 users liked this post by EWL5:
AllenChicago (05-21-2024), antdude (05-20-2024)
Old 05-20-2024, 10:24 AM

N/A
Question

Originally Posted by EWL5
On my GLS, the car had to be:

1) Parked
2) Ignition Off
3) Parking Brake engaged

I think most people forget #3. Did you have the parking brake on when installing?
Doesn't turning off and locking doors automatically set the parking brake? If not, then shouldn't the on screen instructions say it? They never said to set parking break. I remember they said to exit, lock, wait 15 minutes, etc.
Old 05-20-2024, 11:07 AM

Received 175 Likes on 140 Posts
'23 GLS450
Originally Posted by antdude
Doesn't turning off and locking doors automatically set the parking brake? If not, then shouldn't the on screen instructions say it? They never said to set parking break. I remember they said to exit, lock, wait 15 minutes, etc.
You'll have to check your Owner's Manual but I have a dedicated Parking Brake button on my GLS. As it's electronic, it disengages automatically when the throttle is applied.