GLC Class (X254) Produced 2023+

Impressions after 6 weeks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2024, 10:36 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2024 GLC300, 2014 BMW M235i
Impressions after 6 weeks

Six weeks and 2500 miles and I’m really liking my 2024 GLC300. Background: Coming from a 2012 GLK350, bought new.

I find the GLC300 size perfect for my needs (retired, empty nester). I always felt my GLK was just a hair on the small side,
so I really notice the 2” wider and 7” longer dimensions of the GLC. Comfort? The kinetic auto adjust nailed it for both my
wife and me. Fuel economy is surprisingly good, although that wasn’t at the top of my list while shopping for a new car.

Having owned four 4-banger cars in the past, I swore I’d never buy another one. All four were anemic and buzzy. The
2.0 liter GLC engine certainly changed my mind, not to mention the added boost from the electric motor.

I love the big color touch screen and after playing around with the many gizmos, settled on leaving it in the map/nav mode.
So easy to plan a trip.

Gripes? Setting the cruise control is fussy, plus it doesn’t always respond as expected, requiring multiple jabs at the touch/
press buttons. I’m getting better at it, but I do not like taking my eyes off the road. Same same for adjusting the ventilation,
although I sometimes use voice commands, which can be amusing at times.

All in all, love the car.
The following users liked this post:
Caneman88 (06-19-2024)
Old 06-19-2024, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 212 Likes on 167 Posts
Trek Bike
Originally Posted by 3.5L
Six weeks and 2500 miles and I’m really liking my 2024 GLC300. Background: Coming from a 2012 GLK350, bought new.

I find the GLC300 size perfect for my needs (retired, empty nester). I always felt my GLK was just a hair on the small side,
so I really notice the 2” wider and 7” longer dimensions of the GLC. Comfort? The kinetic auto adjust nailed it for both my
wife and me. Fuel economy is surprisingly good, although that wasn’t at the top of my list while shopping for a new car.

Having owned four 4-banger cars in the past, I swore I’d never buy another one. All four were anemic and buzzy. The
2.0 liter GLC engine certainly changed my mind, not to mention the added boost from the electric motor.

I love the big color touch screen and after playing around with the many gizmos, settled on leaving it in the map/nav mode.
So easy to plan a trip.

Gripes? Setting the cruise control is fussy, plus it doesn’t always respond as expected, requiring multiple jabs at the touch/
press buttons. I’m getting better at it, but I do not like taking my eyes off the road. Same same for adjusting the ventilation,
although I sometimes use voice commands, which can be amusing at times.

All in all, love the car.
Thanks for sharing.. Similar story here, after seven months and close to 4k miles. 2024 GLC 300 was replacement for my wife’s 2019 GLC 300. Impressed with improvements over the previous generation, better agility and gas mileage, fun to drive, using every opportunity to get behind the wheel… Agree MBUX is entertaining, love the large touch screen, intuitive and easy to navigate!
Experimenting between the Service, Minimalist, Sport and Classic driver display - still not decided on the favorite one…
The following users liked this post:
KDH (06-19-2024)
Old 06-19-2024, 01:45 PM
KDH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing as of yet, looking to purchase 2025 GLC 300 SUV
Originally Posted by 6G Schnell
Thanks for sharing.. Similar story here, after seven months and close to 4k miles. 2024 GLC 300 was replacement for my wife’s 2019 GLC 300. Impressed with improvements over the previous generation, better agility and gas mileage, fun to drive, using every opportunity to get behind the wheel… Agree MBUX is entertaining, love the large touch screen, intuitive and easy to navigate!
Experimenting between the Service, Minimalist, Sport and Classic driver display - still not decided on the favorite one…
Great to hear some positive stories on here for a chance. I ordered my 2025 GLC 300 SUV a few weeks back and expect it in around Oct. 2025. Fingers cross that a lot of the major issues have bene resolved with updates and software fixes. I cnanot wait to get my hands on it, I am quite excited!!
Old 06-19-2024, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 212 Likes on 167 Posts
Trek Bike
Originally Posted by KDH
Great to hear some positive stories on here for a chance. I ordered my 2025 GLC 300 SUV a few weeks back and expect it in around Oct. 2025. Fingers cross that a lot of the major issues have bene resolved with updates and software fixes. I cnanot wait to get my hands on it, I am quite excited!!
Congrats!
Waiting is the worst part.
But it pays off in the end.
Old Yesterday, 08:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC 400e
I've had my 400e for a bit over a month. It replaced a 350e. The additional electric autonomy is excellent as is the overall comfort of the car.

However, I'm not too impressed with the MBux system. Not only far too clumsy in my opinion, I'd have hoped for a better favourites screen - more like the home screen on a phone, where I could save direct links to things I want to get to rapidly, such as the music content on my USB key.

Have also had several glitches, which seem to come and go : Mirrors sometimes don't self-park when locking the car, passenger-side mirror doesn't always point down when reversing. Despite setting the speed warning to visual only, every time I start the car, it reverts to visual and audio warning. Mercedes Me often tells me the windows and/or sunroof is open - when it's not the case. Another time, a couple of windows opened slightly of their own accord.

Then yesterday I was in a mild panic when it started to rain and the sunroof refused to close. It would almost close fully and then open again several inches - as if it had found resistance. Fortunately after cutting the ignition completely, it then decided to close properly.

I shall soon go back to the dealer, and hopefully a s/w upgrade will fix these problems,