Installation Tools
  • Credit Card
  • Wedge tool
  • Allen wrench

Items to Buy
  • radar mount (specific collar)
  • 22-22G red/black wiring
  • RJ11 Telephone wiring
  • Screws for radar mount (lowes/home depot)
  • Posi Tap 20-22G

All current gen Merc's suffer from the lack of mirror mounted radar detector due to the mirror mount.

The most crucial piece is the mount itself. I happened to have an old Blend Mount for a Lexus ISF laying around. I believe BlendMount does not sell the same design anymore, but I did a quick search and found RadarMounts.com selling similar mounts. If anyone purchase one lets us know. Note the product display and the red marks showing the item you do not need.

Installation

You need to remove the windshield cover. This can be done using a wedging tool for the main part of the cover. a smaller part near the neck will require a credit card. Please note the tab orientation.

With that part removed its time to lower down the upper lighting/sunroof control module. This one is a little tougher and will require two wedges.

Time to drill the windshield cover.

Use your provided mount and mark your holes for install. Please note not to drill close to the underside tabs. I made the mistake of drilling very close causing a tight fit.

Once drilled use the purchased screws and install the mount to the windshield cover.

Also drill another hole to run wiring from the mount to the power source.

Now to find a power source. I like using posi taps since they are really easy to use. I bought mine from amazon.

With the power panel lowered tap into the brown (negative) and red (positive).

The negative of this power source is that it will stay on for a prolong period of time after the car is locked. approx 15min. I waited to do this write up to see how my battery was effected and no issues so far.

After this reinstall everything and enjoy.

Will be doing a dash cam hardwire soon

Last edited by Killswitch747; 06-26-2017 at 03:28 PM.