GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

GLC43 Ordered

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 04:41 PM

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
GLC43 Ordered

Well, finally took the plunge on ordering a GLC43 after going back and forth since March. Deal isn't quite as good as the offer I had gotten in March, but I got all the options I wanted now and very happy with it overall. The dealer was very easy to work with and I would highly recommend to anyone in the Philly area. If interested, PM me and happy to give you their info.

Build is:

AMG GLC43 SUV
  • Black Exterior
  • Black Leather w/Red Accents
  • Multimedia Package
  • Advanced Lighting Package
  • 21" Wheels w/Black Accents
  • Heated/Ventilated Front Seats
  • Heated Rear Seats
  • Pano Roof
  • Burmester Sound System
  • Natural Grain Black Ash Wood
  • Manual Rear-Side Window Shades
  • Went for the Red Seatbelts

MSRP was $67,725 and vehicle price was $60,791 with $1k fleet discount from PenFed, so about 10.25% off the price. They did make a little of that back with a doc fee of $389, but out the door was $63,959. They gave me a 3 year tag when I only asked for 1 year in the deal, as well.

Delivery should be sometime around mid-December per the dealer. Now the waiting game begins.
The following users liked this post:
NYCSoiL (09-30-2017)
Old 09-30-2017, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Originally Posted by Chrisk03
Well, finally took the plunge on ordering a GLC43 after going back and forth since March. Deal isn't quite as good as the offer I had gotten in March, but I got all the options I wanted now and very happy with it overall. The dealer was very easy to work with and I would highly recommend to anyone in the Philly area. If interested, PM me and happy to give you their info.

Build is:

AMG GLC43 SUV
  • Black Exterior
  • Multimedia Package
  • Heated Rear Seats
  • Pano Roof
  • Burmester Sound System

MSRP was $67,725 and vehicle price was $60,791 with $1k fleet discount from PenFed, so about 10.25% off the price. They did make a little of that back with a doc fee of $389, but out the door was $63,959. They gave me a 3 year tag when I only asked for 1 year in the deal, as well.

Delivery should be sometime around mid-December per the dealer. Now the waiting game begins.

Congrats! Purchase or lease?
Old 09-30-2017, 10:32 PM

GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by NYCSoiL
Congrats! Purchase or lease?
Thanks! I was initially leaning towards lease, but will probably just purchase with rates still so low. I'll see what lease/buy "deals" are in Dec and then decide. I also didn't realize you get to go to the MB driving school as part of the purchase...very cool.

Now just need to research warranties/maintenance/Xpel to keep me busy.

Last edited by Chrisk03; 09-30-2017 at 10:36 PM.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Thanks! I was initially leaning towards lease, but will probably just purchase with rates still so low. I'll see what lease/buy "deals" are in Dec and then decide. I also didn't realize you get to go to the MB driving school as part of the purchase...very cool.

Yeah, AMG Driving Academy will release a new schedule in early 2018, make sure to book your Basic(free) training ASAP.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:40 PM

GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by NYCSoiL
Yeah, AMG Driving Academy will release a new schedule in early 2018, make sure to book your Basic(free) training ASAP.
Ok, thanks. My dealer did say he didn't have the 18 schedule yet, so will keep checking back. I can easily drive to Lime Rock, but would love to do Circuit of the Americas.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:46 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
GLC43

Congratulations. Just as a heads up if you plan to lease do your best to know residual and best money factor. Because you ordered the car and dealer knows you want it they can easily take back some of your really good deal by lowering the residual and using a money factor that equates to a high interest rate. Residual is set by Mercedes, but dealers have numerous money factors they can use, not getting the best money factor tier can add around 100 dollars a month to a payment.
Chrisk03 (10-02-2017)
Old 10-03-2017, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 744 Likes on 486 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
You got a really nice deal with your dealer. Well done.

With the Black exterior I think you should get the Cranberry/Black two-tone interior. Its a much sharper combination that's really striking. Black with red stitching is really boring by comparison, plus Black-Black is the Uber color scheme. Private cars should have more flair.

The Black-cranberry two-tone is the edition 1 interior for the GLC and it was styled in Italy.

Last edited by stealth.pilot; 10-03-2017 at 10:58 AM.
Old 10-03-2017, 12:01 PM

GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
You got a really nice deal with your dealer. Well done.

With the Black exterior I think you should get the Cranberry/Black two-tone interior. Its a much sharper combination that's really striking. Black with red stitching is really boring by comparison, plus Black-Black is the Uber color scheme. Private cars should have more flair.

The Black-cranberry two-tone is the edition 1 interior for the GLC and it was styled in Italy.

Thanks!...the "I'll buy today at "x" price" seems to work pretty well.

Wow, that looks really good. I'll check with my dealer, but the MB website and DOG only shows that interior available with the Coupe version.
Old 10-03-2017, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 744 Likes on 486 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Thanks!...the "I'll buy today at "x" price" seems to work pretty well.

Wow, that looks really good. I'll check with my dealer, but the MB website and DOG only shows that interior available with the Coupe version.
That's too bad. Then I would probably go for the saddle brown or the designo platinum white. Both are also two-tone interiors to break up the black. Shame they don't have the red - it's perfect for black cars.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW X4

Build is:

AMG GLC43 SUV
  • Black Exterior
  • Multimedia Package
  • Heated Rear Seats
  • Pano Roof
  • Burmester Sound System

I just ordered a GLC 300 coupe. Trying to figure out how to get the PenFed fleet discount on top of what i got off. Can you direct me in how to activate the discount? Another discount would be great, even if small.

thanks!
Old 10-06-2017, 12:34 PM

GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by kmercy
I just ordered a GLC 300 coupe. Trying to figure out how to get the PenFed fleet discount on top of what i got off. Can you direct me in how to activate the discount? Another discount would be great, even if small.

thanks!
You have to login to the PenFed website, go to their car buying service area and right on the main screen there is a box that promotes "Save on Mercedes-Benz vehicles". Hit "Go" and it will take you to a screen to pick the model you want (and your zip code) and it will kick you to another screen for the discount with your fleet code. I gave them the code via email when striking my deal and they never asked for verification or anything after that. The 18 GLC SUV is now $1250 Fleet Discount and the 18 GLC Coupe is $500. The SUV discount went up from $1k.

That said, my dealer had a laminated booklet with all of the Fleet discounts readily available and we were talking about USAA and he looked it up, as well...$1k.

Good luck!
Old 10-06-2017, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 535xi

Build is:

AMG GLC43 SUV
  • Black Exterior
  • Multimedia Package
  • Heated Rear Seats
  • Pano Roof
  • Burmester Sound System

Congratulations! I just put in an order for a GLC43 as well. The SA said she'll let me know on Wednesday whether the build date of the 3rd decade in November will stand. There may be an issue with the Black/pearl designo nappa two-tone interior I ordered. keeping my fingers crossed, as I don't want to have to wait too much longer than the first few weeks in December for a delivery.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:19 PM

GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by Verne Perigord
Congratulations! I just put in an order for a GLC43 as well. The SA said she'll let me know on Wednesday whether the build date of the 3rd decade in November will stand. There may be an issue with the Black/pearl designo nappa two-tone interior I ordered. keeping my fingers crossed, as I don't want to have to wait too much longer than the first few weeks in December for a delivery.
Congrats, as well! 👠Just got word today mine goes into production at month end for a late Nov / early Dec delivery. I told dealer I was cool with delivery anytime b4 year end, but actually would like b4 Fed raises rates in mid-Dec more than likely. Either way, thank God work has been busy so I don't think about it constantly and will have some new commish coming to pay for her. 😊
Old 10-14-2017, 08:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Corvette Grand Sport, GMC Denali, 2018 GLC 43 AMG SUV
I will be picking up my GLC 43 AMG SUV in a couple of weeks. It was in port last week & is currently on a transport to my dealership. I agreed to pay a certain amount over invoice, because the price was not available when I placed my order. Do you know if the USAA discounts etc. are compensated by MB or is it something the dealer has to absorb. I'm considering asking for the discount if it is covered by MB. I won't go into the details of my vehicle at this point other than saying it is Cardinal Red with the Saddle Brown/Black interior & is loaded $72 sticker.
Old 10-14-2017, 09:47 PM

GLC43
Congratulations. Not sure who absorbs the discount, but since price was not available and you're paying over invoice I would ask for USAA discount regardless. May I ask when you ordered car and why price not available? Not my style to take away from your excitement, but we all received discounts on 43's and you should try all you can to renegotiate, ask for maintenance or something.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Corvette Grand Sport, GMC Denali, 2018 GLC 43 AMG SUV
Smile

Originally Posted by SawyerB
Congratulations. Not sure who absorbs the discount, but since price was not available and you're paying over invoice I would ask for USAA discount regardless. May I ask when you ordered car and why price not available? Not my style to take away from your excitement, but we all received discounts on 43's and you should try all you can to renegotiate, ask for maintenance or something.
I really appreciate your response. Maybe I'm confusing you, however I'm not paying over sticker. Instead, I have a copy of the invoice that the dealer provided me. I assume that invoice it their cost & I agreed to pay a given amount over their cost. I actually ordered my vehicle back in May before any of the pricing was available for the 2018's. If MB absorbs the discount, I will go ahead & apply for either the USAA or a fleet discount. Your discount surprised me, because the dealer net and the MSRP are around 7% based on my vehicle. Maybe, I'm missing something.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:30 PM

GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by dieselfan1974
I really appreciate your response. Maybe I'm confusing you, however I'm not paying over sticker. Instead, I have a copy of the invoice that the dealer provided me. I assume that invoice it their cost & I agreed to pay a given amount over their cost. I actually ordered my vehicle back in May before any of the pricing was available for the 2018's. If MB absorbs the discount, I will go ahead & apply for either the USAA or a fleet discount. Your discount surprised me, because the dealer net and the MSRP are around 7% based on my vehicle. Maybe, I'm missing something.
I believe MB Corporate picks up the tab, but not 100% sure. At most, I think it would be a 50/50 split with dealer. I’ll see if I can find out tomorrow, my B-I-L has been in car biz for a long time, so should know. Go ahead and ask, anyway, worst they can say is no. If fleet discount is higher when I take delivery I’m going to ask for the difference, but will offer to buy some accessories or something else from my dealer in the same amount. Let you know if I find out anything else. Congrats on your new 43!

Last edited by Chrisk03; 10-14-2017 at 10:33 PM.
dieselfan1974 (10-15-2017)
Old 10-14-2017, 10:38 PM

GLC43
My bad, long day and I did mistake invoice for sticker. and was just trying to help. Again, congratulations on your 43. Mine hit the port July19th and picking up next week. It's been a long wait, but from what I read here, going to be worth it.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:38 PM

GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
I was told the manufacturer usually covers the fleet discount. Either way, ask for it and see what they say. If you apply for one (USAA, PenFed, or whomever), you will get a "Control Number" and just provide that to the dealer. The dealer probably has a booklet full of all the fleet discounts available and will confirm the code. Also, "invoice" isn't what it used to be as a lot of money made by dealer's is now made with manufacturer incentives to dealers that aren't really known to the public. Good luck!
Old 11-08-2017, 09:26 PM

GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
The 43 set sail on the Taraga from Bremerhaven on Monday and should be in Baltimore, MD on 11-18. May be a Thanksgiving week pick up, since I'm at most 1.5 hours away from Baltimore...guess it just depends on the Port/VPC, delivery, and dealer.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:04 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Build is:

AMG GLC43 SUV
  • Black Exterior
  • Multimedia Package
  • Heated Rear Seats
  • Pano Roof
  • Burmester Sound System

Cong!
WOW, thats a great deal! My NY dealer only give me 2% off, thats the reason I didn't make the purchase last week. Looks like I should give your dealer a call. Can you PM me his or her contact. tks!
Old 11-25-2017, 10:15 PM

GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
GLC43 Delivered

Picked up the 43 today and am in love... Overall, the dealer experience was very good and they did a good job even for a PITA like me with really only a small hiccup in the finance area and the vehicle prep wasn't the greatest. The PenFed fleet discount was raised to $1500 for Nov, so they gave me the $500 difference from when I first made the deal in Sept (fleet discount was $1k then). They also ate 70% of the difference on the finance mix-up on the rate, and I'm still able to get a lower rate with auto-pay if I want...long story, but I'm happy. Oh, and they gave me a 5 year tag, instead of 3 year tag for no additional cost. I haven't run the numbers yet, but guessing now over 11% savings. They really seemed to want to move cars this weekend and almost passed out when I said I would just come back Mon/Tues after I addressed the finance issue with my lender...I waited almost 3 months, what's another 2 days.

Anyway, I hope to get a bunch of pictures tomorrow and will post them to this thread and the picture thread, if I can. Now I just need to decide on whether or not to go with full ceramic coating or PPF on the front and ceramic coating on the rest or both or ...? Love black color on cars, but always a chore. It will be tough, but I will also follow the manual for the first 1k miles as I plan on keeping this vehicle for awhile. Other than that, look forward to getting the info for the AMG Driving School and doing that sometime next year. I think I've decided on the Circuit of the Americas in Austin...can't wait.

Last edited by Chrisk03; 11-25-2017 at 10:17 PM.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:16 PM

GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Posted pics here...

https://mbworld.org/forums/glc43-glc...ml#post7321125