Checked out Stelvio Quad Yesterday.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 12:57 PM

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts
GLC63
Checked out Stelvio Quad Yesterday.

Not a bad competitor.

I did not take an interior picture but the display being integrated into the dash design is a lot more grownup than the tablet style afterthought looking garbage we get.
Driver assist package is a $1200 package that does not require another package and you still get to enjoy Android Auto/iCarplay.
The exhaust sounds amazing, almost too japanese importy in race mode while idling. Nevertheless, great sounding exhaust if you like noise.

I did not get to drive it but i imagine it is not terrible to drive.

No option for ventilated front seats. Living in Texas, that has almost become a need for me.
Rear seat space is definitely smaller than GLC but still usable.
It does start at 80k which is 10 more than GLC63, but a lot is standard so you basically build to 85k.
Residual on 15k/36 months is 51% versus 48% on AMG lease.

It is also rated at 3.9s 0-60 which is behind the GLC63 non-s SUV so i imagine their 'ring record claims would be gone soon.

I am still sold on the GLC but I am really hating skipping the Driver Assist package if i want Android Auto over COMAND.

They also had red, white and Blue Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawks on the lot which was a little tempting.

The following users liked this post:
Nationalleaguer (05-22-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 03:04 PM

Received 57 Likes on 43 Posts
'18 Black GLC63S
I "briefly" considered waiting on the Alfa when first signing up for my GLC63S. But I don't trust the brand yet in the US. Could be great, or could turn out to be unreliable or unservicable. They had a red one at the Chicago Auto Show, but you couldnt get close to it (they put it on an elevated display). I really do not like the front end at all, and by the pics that I have seen of the interior to date, it does not look as refined as the Mercedes interior. As for the Nurburgring lap record, who knows if MB broke it recently, but there is some noise online that Alfa didn't record a continuous 7+ min video to prove they actually broke the previous record for an SUV. And it was a pre-production model according to some online comments. I'd bet on a GLC all day.

As for Trackhawks, I think that novelty will wear thin soon enough. At the end of the day, it is a Jeep. Good cars, but simply not at the level of MB, BMW or Porsche, IMO.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:18 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Q4 is also on my list before. however I own two Italian brand Maserati and Fiat in the past. both resale is like throw lead in to the ocean!

This car is completely lag of tech stuffs. no HUD, No vented seat, carbon seat is manual adjust, no collision prevention, no surround view cam (for wife), I think the steering is manual adjust as well, no remote start, missing lots of stuffs compare to other same level cars! IMO the dishboard looks like Carmy! I remember someone say, on the Giulia Quadrifoglio every 30k miles needs to replace some belts. the service cost is $2000. I guess the Stelvio Q4 will be the same.

There are good things on this car, Ferrari engine without 2 cylinders, unique body style design, these paddle shifters is very nice, wheels design, yellow calipers with no additional charge. The misano blue with yellow calipers looks amazing! Fully option car can be under $90k (without CCM brakes).

With a good color combo, this car turns heads!
Old 05-22-2018, 05:10 PM

GLC63
Originally Posted by pk9394
Q4 is also on my list before. however I own two Italian brand Maserati and Fiat in the past. both resale is like throw lead in to the ocean!

This car is completely lag of tech stuffs. no HUD, No vented seat, carbon seat is manual adjust, no collision prevention, no surround view cam (for wife), I think the steering is manual adjust as well, no remote start, missing lots of stuffs compare to other same level cars! IMO the dishboard looks like Carmy! I remember someone say, on the Giulia Quadrifoglio every 30k miles needs to replace some belts. the service cost is $2000. I guess the Stelvio Q4 will be the same.

There are good things on this car, Ferrari engine without 2 cylinders, unique body style design, these paddle shifters is very nice, wheels design, yellow calipers with no additional charge. The misano blue with yellow calipers looks amazing! Fully option car can be under $90k (without CCM brakes).

With a good color combo, this car turns heads!
there is indeed collision prevention and remote start. no way I would pay any extra money for carbon seats because the default seats with inflatable bolsters was pretty sweet. as far as value goes, it could work out for someone leasing as they have a slightly higher residue than GLC. but yeah, it is not worth it to me. It is a risk i would take at 60k, not 90k
Old 05-23-2018, 07:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 373 Likes on 292 Posts
I like Alfa.. cool brand (maybe the best logo), glad they are back in F1 (kinda..really Sauber)..and the four leaf clover story...

but the reliability is tough after hearing the stories with the people driving Guilias..

Anything Fiat/Alfa/Maserati.. I'll give the Chryslers a break though.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:37 PM

GLC63
Originally Posted by susman@eurogermantown.com
I like Alfa.. cool brand (maybe the best logo), glad they are back in F1 (kinda..really Sauber)..and the four leaf clover story...

but the reliability is tough after hearing the stories with the people driving Guilias..

Anything Fiat/Alfa/Maserati.. I'll give the Chryslers a break though.
have had zero issues with chrysler. My 06 Magnum went 8 years, 144k miles before lifters dropped and ate cam. My SRT Jeep and Durango SRT are both in the high 50ks mileage. My16 Charger went 41k miles without any issues. That said, not of these cars are closely related to the Fit/Alfa/Maserati vehicles, so i completely agree with you. Now, about that brilliant blue 63
Old 05-23-2018, 09:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Yea my buddy has a hellcat and a older srt8 300c..no issues..

Im ready when you are to order that blue glc63 let me know before it locks config
Old 05-23-2018, 11:22 PM

GLC63
Originally Posted by susman@eurogermantown.com
Yea my buddy has a hellcat and a older srt8 300c..no issues..

Im ready when you are to order that blue glc63 let me know before it locks config
you might as well adjust it to my build now. that is a winning build.

who can I call in stuttgart t allow me get distronic and Android Auto?

I am going to checkout a local 2015 E63 Wagon tomorrow. After that, i may be over the shopping experience. I really do not think i will be happy with classic cruise control.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:08 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by viper3ez
you might as well adjust it to my build now. that is a winning build.

who can I call in stuttgart t allow me get distronic and Android Auto?

I am going to checkout a local 2015 E63 Wagon tomorrow. After that, i may be over the shopping experience. I really do not think i will be happy with classic cruise control.
Haha, I do like Brilliant blue.. I'll wait to hear from you before I add the red seats to it.. let me know after you look at the E63 wagon. I do like those but power locked at 67 rear, 33 front.. not as advanced as the new 4matic plus in the GLC... plus NO android auto in the 15 E63 either