Cross-shopping observations X3 M40i vs expected 2020 GLC43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 11:19 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Cross-shopping observations X3 M40i vs expected 2020 GLC43

Hello all,

I am currently cross shopping the X3 M40i and the Benz GLC43 (SUV, not coupe). I thought I would put down my own observations on here to see if anyone disagrees or can shine any light on anything I’m missing. I posted this same thread on BMW forums so trying to get both sides.

Background: I currently have a W205 C450/C43. Looking for something still fun to drive but more practical, with a better ride, etc. The AMG Magnetic coil suspension in the C450/C43 is very rough, even in Comfort Mode. Pretty brutal in Sport +. My lease is due in May 2019, which would be good timing to order a facelifted 2020 GLC43 if I wanted to.

I have test driven both SUV’s but have owned the C class so am very familiar with the powertrain, benz features, etc.

I am also more comparing to what the 2020 GLC43 redesign will be vs the current GLC. Most changes that came on the refreshed 2019 MB C43 will show up on the refreshed 2020 GLC43 – bigger turbos (more power, rated at 390ish hp), different front fascia, different front grill (now has the pre-facelift C63 grill), upgraded infotainment, new digital gauges, new rear diffuser and quad oval tail pipes, etc.

My observations:

EXTERIOR LOOKS – Based on 2019 (pre-facelift) GLC, the X3 M40i is the fresher and better looking of the two, for the most part. The 2020 changes to the GLC should make the diffuser and exhausts much nicer on the GLC. Haven’t seen it yet so hard to say. X3 wins for now.

INTERIOR – Interior craftsmanship and material quality, definitely AMG. While the new gen X3’s interior has come a long way from the previous gen, material quality is not on par with Mercedes, IMO. MB has nicer shaped seats, the fit and finish is nicer, tighter. The buttons on the AMG are much more premium, they feel solid and substantial. X3 buttons look and feel like regular matte black plastic, nothing overly premium about them. MB buttons are solid and don’t wiggle when you play with them, same applies to the vent louvers and adjustment knobs, the Benz just feels highly premium. Above is based on having the $250 Dark Ash Open Pore wood trim option in the Benz – the standard piano black plastic does feel cheaper. But premium trim vs premium trim, Benz wins by a good margin. The X3 should have power tilt and telescoping steering wheel (AMG does) at this price point.
The AMG flat bottom steering wheel is MUCH nicer than the X3 M Steering wheel. AMG wins that one. Only downside is that AMG flat bottom does not come heated, where the M steering wheel does. Important here for us Canadians! Still, AMG ftw!

In terms of interior design, I prefer the X3’s console shifter and like the integration of the screen versus the stuck-on iPad look in the Benz. The digital dash in the X3 is very nice, although the digital AMG dash that is in the 2019 C43, if it makes it to the GLC, is much nicer and more customizable. Call it a draw.

ACCELERATION – Both are very fast. AMG is a bit faster in its current state and the 2020 with its extra 25hp boost should be that much faster due to the bigger turbos. AMG wins.

EXHAUST AND ENGINE SOUND – Pleasantly surprised by the X3’s sound, did not expect that at all. The X3 exhaust snaps and crackles a bit more frequently than the AMG. The AMG exhausts (both the standard AMG Sport exhaust and the optional AMG Performance exhaust with flap button) are louder than the X3 (sport exhaust barely louder, performance exhaust much louder) and the tone on the AMG is nicer. The only time the X3 felt louder was on cold starts – not sure if it revs higher than the AMG at cold start, but it did seem louder. My impression of the BMW sound is that it sounds really nice, but almost feels like they are trying too hard to get with the trend of obnoxious exhausts, but I still loved it. AMG seems more natural.

PRACTICALITY – X3 wins – feels bigger overall with a more usable trunk area than the AMG. Felt like more rear seat room, overall interior felt bigger.

CABIN SOUND – X3 noticeably quieter.

ENGINE – The B58 i6 is an amazing engine – linear power delivery is VERY nice. X3 has the more linear power delivery, the AMG V6 is more a of a brute. Both are good but would still say the X3 wins, that engine is dope!

TRANNY – The ZF 8 speed is very nice, shifts fast and smooth, always seem to know what to do and which gear to be in. The 9G-Tronic in-house tranny in the AMG is much nicer than the previous 7 speed, but still think the ZF is nicer. The 9G can stutter sometimes and not know if it should downshift or not. The Benz, when put into Sport +, shifts much more aggressively. Those rough shifts in Sport + gave the AMG some added character and sportiness. Still, the ZF in the X3 wins overall.

RIDE COMFORT – While definitely not the case in my W205, the GLC43 with its AMG Air Ride suspension has much better overall suspension than the X3. Can’t beat air ride and in comfort mode the GLC is more forgiving. In Sport +, both suspensions are excellent for handling.

HANDLING – The AMG definitely has better handling and road holding. Apparently on the skid pad the AMG is way ahead of the X3 in terms of road holding.

SOUND SYSTEM – Premium sound vs premium sound, the AMG Burmeister systems runs circles around the X3 Harman Kardon system. To me it’s not even close. I was very disappointed in the HK system. The bass in the HK system started distorting at much lower volumes than it should have and the clarity and soundstaging was not up to standard for a vehicle in this price range, IMO. Burmeister system is VERY good. No contest, AMG wins.

INFOTAINMENT – New touchscreen iDrive system is much more advanced than the current GLC’s COMAND system. The 2020 GLC is getting an updated version but don’t think it’ll be game changing. X3 wins here, big time. Interior tech is nicer, infotainment simpler to control with option of touch screen versus wheel, etc. BMW Gestures is a gimmick but I thought it was cool. Menus in the BMW are more intuitive, stuff is easier to find and navigate. ConnectedDrive is a nice feature. X3 ftw.

OVERALL DRIVING DYNAMICS – Both excellent vehicles. The X3 was good all-around driver, but felt a bit more artificial. The AMG has a sportier character – the exhaust sound, the hard shifting in Sport + kind of give it a more raw, gnarly experience. AMG overall is more aggressive, the steering wheels, sportier seats, digital display, etc. – all sportier. The X3 was more subdued but still surprisingly sporty and fun to drive.

OVERALL IMPRESSION - My impression was the X3 is good in all departments, kind of an all rounder. Not particularly bad at anything (except sound system) and not particularly amazing at anything either. The AMG a bit more all over the map, amazing in certain things and lacking in others.

I think this is a real toss up, however I am currently leaning towards the X3. May have something to do with the fact that the X3 is a fresh full redesign vs the facelifted GLC coming next year. GLC getting longer in the tooth with some older tech, however it still outperforms in terms of acceleration, handling and comfort. Not bad for a 4 year old platform.

Financial, I do think the X3 will lease cheaper than the GLC. MB does discount a bit more, but starting MSRP is higher. X3 should have higher residual since it’s a 2nd year model (2019) and I do get fleet discount with BMW that I don’t get with MB. I would get my loyalty lease rate discount with MB, though. Even with that I think the X3 will come in cheaper and with prepaid maintenance included.

Did I miss anything – would love to get some feedback from others that have cross-shopped the two or are currently considering them!

Jeff
The following users liked this post:
CPAMB (11-28-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 12:12 PM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
GLC43
I looked at both before deciding on the 2019 GLC43 for my wife. I still continue to lurk on the Bimmer forums as well to see how owners are getting along and I will note some of my findings.

Brief summary:

Exterior(personal preference)
I think the GLC43 has a cleaner styling. The standard 20" wheels look great on the GLC, and the 21s look even better.

The X3 looks great, BUT the faux fender vents kill it for me. Add in the cerium colored trip pieces which look stunning initially have reportedly stained/discolored when reacting with specific cleaners. The 19s look horrible, the 20s look OK, and I would only spec the 21s which look absolutely killer on the car. However, same issue as it is finished in cerium, which will react to certain cleaners and have permanent finish issues.

Interior(personal preference)
I prefer the GLC43 interior as it feels more sporty with the center console essentially creating that cockpit feel around the driver. The simplicity of the button layout is appealing as well. Also, the flat bottom looks racier, and with the new Alcantara option, I just couldn't go with the round M Sport wheel.

Infotainment
The BMW has the GLC crushed in this department with the full digital dash when opting for the Executive package. I am more of an analog person, so I don't mind the GLC dash, with the exception of the center info screen that looks dated. Other tech, I couldn't care less about, and only optioned the safety features because my wife wanted them.

Performance
BMW spec sheet notes that the car accelerates quicker. The BMW feels laggy, while the GLC felt more immediate. Both handle well for their size, and I do think the GLC turns in flatter but it has been a long time since I shopped these two out back in early May.

Exhaust note, the GLC is more aggressive and I liked the fact that I can option the Performance Exhaust. If it sounds as good as the C43 Performance Exhaust I will be happy. The BMW has the sound piped in. It does sound good, and pops well but based on the C43 videos the PE is more aggressive.

As for lurking around the Bimmer forum, a lot of owners are having issues ranging from ambient lighting strips being burnt out, to the sunroof squeaking and leaving adhesive from weather stripping on the glass, to unidentifiable squeaks and rattles throughout the vehicle.

If I were shopping today, I would watch the Bimmer forum and see what issues people are having. I haven't seen many issues posted here except for the crabbing issue.

To summarize, both are spectacular performance-wise. It'll essentially come down to which seat you feel most comfortable in. The GLC cockpit fit like a glove which I liked.
nvestr (11-27-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 01:00 PM

2016 C450 AMG
Interesting. Obviously beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I do have some exterior appearance issues with the GLC. To me, SUVs have to give the appearance of being brawny, manly, big, aggressive, etc. and the GLC simply does not give me this vibe. It's body lines are ok from certain angles but very feminine from others (in my eyes, no offence!). The slight differences from the GLC300 to the GLC43 do help, but I'm not sure if it's enough. I find that the body lines make the GLC look even smaller than it is. I think it should try to make it look bigger than it is. This is why I was hoping the 2020 refresh would perhaps make the body styling a bit more aggressive. Darker paint colors do make the GLC look bigger/manlier.

This was also my biggest issue with previous generation X3's - they simply looked like whimpy, feminine crossovers and less like capable SUV's. The newest gen, especially in M40i form, does not give me this feeling. It actually makes it look bigger than it is. A lot of people mistake the new X3 for the X5 - the new X3 is actually much bigger than previous and is closer in size to X5, but I think that's a good thing. The X3's boxier and sharper upper half make it look bigger than the GLC's rounded, soft upper edges.

I agree about the wheels - I would only spec 21's on either vehicle. In Canada, the X3 M40i comes standard with 21's and the AMG, when optioned with the AMG Driver's package (required to get performance exhaust) comes with the 21's.

I agree with most of your other observations, however, I had not heard about this Cerium discoloration thing. I just spent 5 minutes trying to find such reported issues on Bimmerfest and was not able to find anything. Are you sure this is as prevalent as you say? Perhaps I'm on the wrong forum (bimmerfest - waiting to get authorized on the Xbimmers forum). Being a W205 c-class owner, I remember the 2015 first MY being a disaster on this forum (squeaks, wind noise from mirrors, bluetooth phone call vibrations, etc.). My 2016 has been fine with no issues in 3 years other than factory misalignment that wore out tires in 3 months. At this point, if I was to order an X3, it would by a mid-year production 2019, so hopefully a lot of those issues would be fixed.

Last edited by nvestr; 11-27-2018 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:27 PM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
GLC43
I agree, the GLC does look a bit feminine but my wife likes it so there's that. If it were my vehicle I think the 63 is designed very well and aggressive. I agree with you in that I think they could've done a little more to differentiate the 43 with the 300.

The X3 is roughly the same size as a 1st gen X5 so I can see why people may confused the two. The M40 styling is more aggressive in the traditional sense of angles and vented front fascia.

Here are some quick links based on some confusions as to how to clean the Cerium. Could just be cleaning product related, but I'm not one to really be on top of different polishes and shampoos so that was a minor negative for me.

This is the board that I keep up with on the M40 discussion.

https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...ghlight=cerium
https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...ghlight=cerium
nvestr (11-27-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 07:31 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
2018 GLC 43 & 2014 SLK 350, gone 2016 E63 Wagon
In 2015, I moved from a 2011 GLK 350 to an 2016 E63s wagon. Externally, there was (and still is) no real differences between the regular E wagon and the E63 wagon body design (badging and dual exhaust and sound differences). I was absolutely not concerns about differences between the non AMG and AMG versions of the wagon. it was all about the performance and the "stealth" approach taken by AMG.
I now have a 2018 GLC43 and am again not at all concerned about differentiation between the GLC 300 and the GLC43. The GLC63S has the same body design but different trim - badging, front facia and exhaust. If you own the GLC43 or the GLC63 you know they are different and perform very differently than the regular model - perfect for a 'stealth' mode. Enjoy what you have and don't really be caught up in design differences - you know you can take on and win against many other vehicles (if that is important). I did not cross shop to BMW when I looked for my GLC43.
Old 11-28-2018, 11:09 PM

Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts
2017 E400 Coupe & 2018 GLC43
Originally Posted by Tylbran
If you own the GLC43 or the GLC63 you know they are different and perform very differently than the regular model - perfect for a 'stealth' mode. Enjoy what you have and don't really be caught up in design differences - you know you can take on and win against many other vehicles (if that is important). I did not cross shop to BMW when I looked for my GLC43.
~ I prefer the clean look and always debadge my cars... this goes for M3's I've had in the past and the GLC43 (side fenders and rear). Less is More.
Old 11-29-2018, 04:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Golf R
More on the X3's reliability

https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1449434
Old 11-30-2018, 12:43 PM

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by petdarrow
Fair enough - nice to see what the issues are. They all look like electronic gremlins, for the most part. If we posted the same thread on this forum for the GLC, I am guessing we would likely get a similar response.

It's hard to make any meaningful inference from a forum post when it comes to reliability. I remember when I was researching my W205, this forum was tearing it to shreds as one of the worst first MY roll outs. My 2nd year W205 has been wonderful to me. In 3 years I had the front tires replaced on warranty because it was misaligned from the factory and had a front axle/CV joint boot rip and shoot grease underneath the car. I would call that reliable. Had I listened to this forum I would have run for the hills.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:05 PM

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by nvestr
Fair enough - nice to see what the issues are. They all look like electronic gremlins, for the most part. If we posted the same thread on this forum for the GLC, I am guessing we would likely get a similar response.

It's hard to make any meaningful inference from a forum post when it comes to reliability. I remember when I was researching my W205, this forum was tearing it to shreds as one of the worst first MY roll outs. My 2nd year W205 has been wonderful to me. In 3 years I had the front tires replaced on warranty because it was misaligned from the factory and had a front axle/CV joint boot rip and shoot grease underneath the car. I would call that reliable. Had I listened to this forum I would have run for the hills.
Yeah, forum posts are tough to gauge in this respect. Usually, complaints are more likely to be posted than kudos, IMO. I'm also not sure ratings services (Consumer Reports, etc) are that much better. CR loved the GLC in Oct 2017 and then not so much in the next issue, Nov 2017. Ha. I think they mix quality and reliability a lot and to me they aren't the same thing.

For whatever it's worth, I had no issues with my BMW 335i in the 5+ years of ownership, other than a shaky headlight, which was replaced under warranty. It rattled like a baby's toy, however, but attribute that to the awful run-flat tires. GLC43 is in today for first service and no real complaints in first year of ownership. Mentioned the tire crabbing, front window wind noise, and that's about it, but no "reliability" issues...knock on wood. I think your analysis of the two vehicles are pretty spot on, but I only spent a short time test driving the X3 M40i after I already bought the GLC43 because it wasn't out yet. I did feel like the steering of the X3 was better than the GLC and the tech more up to date. That said, happy with my purchase.

Last edited by Chrisk03; 11-30-2018 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC43 AMG Coupe
Personally I much prefer the looks of the GLC - I am going for the coupe myself and the X4 doesn't compare. I find it frumpy and unattractive.
To me, the styling making the car appear smaller is a bonus - not a detraction, I'm comfortable with my sexuality and don't need the ego boost (JOKE - i'm not implying you do)
I can't stand BMW interiors, I feel that they appear cheap especially in comparison to the Mercedes, which appears to be from a whole level of luxury up from the BMW and after all it's where you spend most of your time with the car.

The single downside to the current GLC over the X3/X4 is technology, it's a little bit behind, however that should be improved in the 2020 model.
Horses for courses.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:12 PM

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts
GLC63
I posted this in wrong thread previously.

if you are planning for facelifted GLC, it would not be available for you when your lease expires in May.

You might as well plan for the X3 now.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:21 PM

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by viper3ez
I posted this in wrong thread previously.

if you are planning for facelifted GLC, it would not be available for you when your lease expires in May.

You might as well plan for the X3 now.
MB Canada allows you to extend your lease on a month to month basis if you have an order for a new MB. That would be the course of action if I opt for a GLC .
Old 12-01-2018, 07:51 PM

Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts
Blk/Blk GLC43 AMG WAGON
Huh? Wait you think the MB looks more feminine than the BMW? Very strange to me that you say this. BMW is under tired and also rides weirdly higher than the AMG GLC43 (e.g. BMW in my eyes has exposed suspension components that strike me as odd in a performance SUV). Moreover every time I see an SUV version of a Bimmer or even the M version it always screams "leased vehicle" . AMG's are rare. They come with built-in cred. BMW has lost its way with marketing and connecting its story IMO. They are too concerned with getting soccer mom's to drive their cars. MB folks just seem more plugged into the brand. BMW has def lost its way recently. The designs of late have floundered, the interiors stagnated and the pedigree has somehow been diluted in the whole mix of things. MB has redefined themselves and continues to disrupt. Either way good luck with your decision. BMW makes pretty awesome cars, just a matter of voting with your money.
Old 12-02-2018, 03:08 AM

GLC63
I was behind a basic X3 today. I definitely do not see any style worth looking at. It could easily have been a Kia or Hyundai SUV...which look beautiful these days anyway.
Old 12-02-2018, 12:19 PM

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by affalterthought
Huh? Wait you think the MB looks more feminine than the BMW? Very strange to me that you say this. BMW is under tired and also rides weirdly higher than the AMG GLC43 (e.g. BMW in my eyes has exposed suspension components that strike me as odd in a performance SUV). Moreover every time I see an SUV version of a Bimmer or even the M version it always screams "leased vehicle" . AMG's are rare. They come with built-in cred. BMW has lost its way with marketing and connecting its story IMO. They are too concerned with getting soccer mom's to drive their cars. MB folks just seem more plugged into the brand. BMW has def lost its way recently. The designs of late have floundered, the interiors stagnated and the pedigree has somehow been diluted in the whole mix of things. MB has redefined themselves and continues to disrupt. Either way good luck with your decision. BMW makes pretty awesome cars, just a matter of voting with your money.
Fair points.

I do think the lines of the GLC43 look more feminine than the lines of the new gen M40i - by a significant margin. In the beginning, before I even knew of the X3 redesign, the GLC43 was the only contender but I still had some nagging issues with the exterior looks. I also don't like the bottom of the vehicle and around the wheel arches being black plastic instead of body colored. On light colors it looks cheap to me. The M40i is body colored. The black plastic is to give an offroading look while body color is for sportier look - the GLC43 is a sport SUV so why the black plastic?

While I can understand that the base (4 cyl model) should look tame, I would expect more aggressive differentiation from tame 4 cyl to performance 6 cyl. BMW did a better job differentiating the two (as per the picture posted directly before this post, huge difference between M40i and 30i). The 30i is uninspiringly boring while the M40i with 21 inch wheels looks very good.

I do agree with everything else you've said about the brands though, I do prefer the MB and AMG brand as a whole and truly believe that they have redefined themselves - it all started with the 2014 redesign of the S-class. That was the turning point for MB in my books and I love them for it. The GLC exterior in particular is just harder to love for me. Even with my wanting to stay loyal to MB, I will not get a vehicle I don't absolute love to prove said loyalty. I am waiting for the unveiling of the refreshed GLC (I assume in March at Geneva Auto Show - this is where the refreshed C class was unveiled this year).

When I think of my current W205 C450 (i.e. C43), every time I walk by it I admire its beautiful lines from almost every angle. Absolutely love that car. Not sure I would get the same feeling with the GLC in its current state.

And as far as BMW diluting its pedigree - absolutely agree! However, this particular M40i seems to be the start of them returning to their ultimate driving machine roots. All reviews and most everyone that drives M40i are surprised by how much of a driving machine it is. I was one of them. I went into the BMW dealership for poops and giggles, while on my way to the MB dealer and came out of there with a changed mind.

Last edited by nvestr; 12-02-2018 at 12:23 PM.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:37 AM

2016 C450 AMG
Put together these photos and must say the GLC looks really good in this particular photoshoot (from Car and Driver). It does look aggressive from a low angle. Kind of going back and forth - maybe the looks aren't as bad as I thought they were with the right color and wheels... My local dealer does not stock a lot of GLC 43`s for whatever reason. I have never seen a white one in person (which is the color I would build) but have been turned off by the white GLC300's I've seen at the dealer. The back of the GLC looks too soft to me though, but maybe the 2020 rear valance/diffuser and exhausts will help with that.

Gah, decisions decisions! First world problems for sure...
Old 12-03-2018, 09:54 AM

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Put together these photos and must say the GLC looks really good in this particular photoshoot (from Car and Driver). It does look aggressive from a low angle. Kind of going back and forth - maybe the looks aren't as bad as I thought they were with the right color and wheels... My local dealer does not stock a lot of GLC 43`s for whatever reason. I have never seen a white one in person (which is the color I would build) but have been turned off by the white GLC300's I've seen at the dealer. The back of the GLC looks too soft to me though, but maybe the 2020 rear valance/diffuser and exhausts will help with that.

Gah, decisions decisions! First world problems for sure...
And dont forget to add the Night Package for the GLC...it makes it look a lot more aggressive to me, and I should have gotten for my 43. I'll probably have those parts wrapped or replaced with OEM eventually.

I do like the looks of the X3, as well. Both good choices and I was pretty impressed by the X3 M40i I drove earlier this yr...after already picking up my GLC. The tech and steering of the X3 are much better than the GLC, IMO.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:22 PM

2016 C450 AMG
To make this decision even harder, went in to my MB dealer, where they just received a 2019 C43 Wagon and a 2019 C300 Coupe. Got to see the new rear valance/diffuser and quad oval tail pipes in person on the C43. They look absolutely bad ***. Also got to listen to the exhaust with the flaps open (AMG Perf Exhaust). Man it sounds nice!

The C300 Coupe had the digital instruments (the C43 didn't) and the redesigned COMAND system from the E class. The digital instruments are amazing - WAAYY better than those offered in the X3. The infotainment is also much nicer to look at and the added Carplay/Android Auto is nice. Also nice to control the infotainment from the steering wheel touchpad (Blackberry patent!). Overall very impressed with the tech improvements for the refresh. I think it makes it fresh enough to stay competitive.

Also, the Saddle Brown AMG leather with the Walnut open-pore wood was amazing. BMW can't hang with the interior.

So torn... I guess I need to see if the cosmetic changes for 2020 are enough to get me onboard in terms of exterior appearance.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:05 PM

~ I feel the running boards truly balance or complete the glc43 with the lower extension between the wheels. A must have for me to complete the look and tie things together as intended... thus giving the glc some aesthetic weight too. The 21" wheels and wide tires look a bit lost without the running boards imo. They also complement the front and rear bumper lower chrome accents together.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:28 AM

GLC63
To make this decision even harder, went in to my MB dealer, where they just received a 2019 C43 Wagon and a 2019 C300 Coupe. Got to see the new rear valance/diffuser and quad oval tail pipes in person on the C43. They look absolutely bad ***. Also got to listen to the exhaust with the flaps open (AMG Perf Exhaust). Man it sounds nice!

The C300 Coupe had the digital instruments (the C43 didn't) and the redesigned COMAND system from the E class. The digital instruments are amazing - WAAYY better than those offered in the X3. The infotainment is also much nicer to look at and the added Carplay/Android Auto is nice. Also nice to control the infotainment from the steering wheel touchpad (Blackberry patent!). Overall very impressed with the tech improvements for the refresh. I think it makes it fresh enough to stay competitive.

Also, the Saddle Brown AMG leather with the Walnut open-pore wood was amazing. BMW can't hang with the interior.

So torn... I guess I need to see if the cosmetic changes for 2020 are enough to get me onboard in terms of exterior appearance.
why would you not take pictures? ugh!

it is crazy Canada gets the C wagon and we don't, just like the B and A classes.

as much as I love a V8, I will settle for the C43, possibly over my GLC63.

i love wagons
Old 12-06-2018, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by viper3ez
why would you not take pictures? i love wagons.

viper3ez (12-06-2018)
Old 12-07-2018, 03:45 PM

2016 C450 AMG
Here is the actual pic of the one they had
viper3ez (12-07-2018)
Old 12-07-2018, 05:24 PM

GLC63
that is a sweet tooshie!

my wife is canadian. I am halfway to start buyoing Canadian model cars.

Here is the actual pic of the one they had
Old 01-11-2019, 08:58 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
AMG GLC43
The diffuser looks really good on the face-lift, interesting that there doesn't appear to be any plastic wheel arch extension in these photos or perhaps it's just my eyes failing me.