GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

GLC43 best tune that can be installed and removed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 11:39 AM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
Originally Posted by Chrisk03
Thanks for the insight, DameMD, much appreciated. I'm all over the place right now with what to do with my 43...keep & tune, sell, get GLC63, something else...
Me too. After hearing about bent rods when pushing this platform too far with turbo upgrades, I think there will be a limit to how much power I can get out of this truck. I wanted a GLC63 first but they weren't out in early part of 2017. I am interested in the 2020 X3 M. The M3 can be made a monster with just tune so I can only imagine the X3M. If I am upgrading to a GLC63 I want to wait for the digital dash. I am just hoping these tuners can tear down the engine in the 43 models and see where the bottle neck is. I would love to keep my truck and bigger turbos.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:42 AM

X3 M40i
Originally Posted by loungn14
Our handheld is sent to be kept by the end user. It stores the stock and tuned files to apply at will

also, you won’t be able to apply our tune via star FYI. Most of the tuners files are encrypted for the devices we use.
This is good to know Loungn. Thanks for correcting me, I hate to spread misinformation.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
12-P31 C63 Coupe- 19-GLC 63 S COUPE -18-911 TURBO S 19 AMG GTR COUPE
Ecu tune

Originally Posted by affalterthought
Uh..... so your dealership will tune the car for you ? Did they put limits on the threshold of tune , i.e. they won't go beyond a mild bump in power ? Just trying to understand this, so they will take, for instance AMR's software, tune your car and then if it goes boom it WONT void the warranty ? Never heard of this before.
Most dealers need to be confident that the tune that is being used is developed with AMG philosophy in mind. Renntech is known for having one of the founding members of the AMG development. The reason Mercedes AMG recommends Renntech.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
12-P31 C63 Coupe- 19-GLC 63 S COUPE -18-911 TURBO S 19 AMG GTR COUPE
Ecu tune

Originally Posted by DameMD
Me too. After hearing about bent rods when pushing this platform too far with turbo upgrades, I think there will be a limit to how much power I can get out of this truck. I wanted a GLC63 first but they weren't out in early part of 2017. I am interested in the 2020 X3 M. The M3 can be made a monster with just tune so I can only imagine the X3M. If I am upgrading to a GLC63 I want to wait for the digital dash. I am just hoping these tuners can tear down the engine in the 43 models and see where the bottle neck is. I would love to keep my truck and bigger turbos.
Bent rods are a direct result of detonation, reason being not having proper fuel/ Octain for your tune, . I have been running tunes for years no problems what so ever. I have a GLC 63 not one problem running Renntech 93 ecu tune. I also run methanol no issues. The GLC 43 is built rock solid. This platform shares the motor with the 4 matic 43 car version. I see these running solid mods no issues.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:27 AM

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
I'm not looking to go that far, mod-wise, and kind of feel if I did, might as well pony up for the GLC63. I was pretty excited about the X3M, as well, but a tad disappointed it doesn't look that much different than the X3 M40i and since I'm an Android guy, BMW not having Android Auto would probably lead me right back to the 2020 GLC's. A shame, because I'm sure the X3M will drive great as I think the X3 M40i actually drives a bit better than my GLC43. Don't know enough to know if p31 is correct, but seems our MB V6 has been pretty solid.
Old 05-17-2019, 06:08 PM

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
GLC43 SUV
Only problem

I'm not looking to go that far, mod-wise, and kind of feel if I did, might as well pony up for the GLC63. I was pretty excited about the X3M, as well, but a tad disappointed it doesn't look that much different than the X3 M40i and since I'm an Android guy, BMW not having Android Auto would probably lead me right back to the 2020 GLC's. A shame, because I'm sure the X3M will drive great as I think the X3 M40i actually drives a bit better than my GLC43. Don't know enough to know if p31 is correct, but seems our MB V6 has been pretty solid.
I drove the X3 M8675309 and liked the drive. The problem is that it’s the same ugly X3 IMO. Too long has f a nose and a “we kinda gave up at the ***”. M cars are nice but I think it’s been a long time since BMW made an ultimate driving machine that wasn’t a M them.

I’ll admit that I find the M3 cheap feeling but the M5.....that’s a different story and the only one to consider. IMO
Old 05-18-2019, 11:47 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
AMG GLC43
I have a RaceChip tune that I am willing to part with for half what I paid for if interested. Been to the dealer twice and no issues (I did remove it before visits). I really have not used it that much probably because I don’t drive my SUV like I did my car. I am either going to go all out with an ECU or just keep it stock.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glc43
If you want to go under radar then I advise you to look into a piggy back tunes as they are plug-n-play and can be removed at anytime especially going in for warranty work or maintenance.I had the Dinan Elite then the Sport, then switched to a Jb1 and now JB4. I am super happy with the BMS Jb4 and we have a pretty large Whatsapp group shared with the C43 guys. The group is pretty lively and they share a wealth of information on tweaking and get the most out of the JB4. Not many people in the group have a GLC43 and the few guys that do have ran a 0-60 in 4.0-4.2 and quarter mile in 12.0-12.2. This is pretty good considering MB rated the GLC43 0-60 4.7 and quarter mile at 12.9-13.0. The only mod is JB4 and we don't have launch control. I am waiting for my intakes and downpipes to be installed and I will do some 0-60 and quarter mile runs to see where I stand, as I should be faster than those guys as I have more power mods. Nothing is truly undetectable; however, a lot of guys in our group have gone to service or got warranty work done and removed the JB4 before going to the dealer. Not one single issue has been reported about the jb4. .

There are other piggy backs like RaceChip GTS, Dinan, and a few others. I am not sponsoring JB4 but, I do like the implementation and ease of removal with out having to plug up ODB2 devices to keep flashing to stock when needed.
Hey Dame

I cant see the JB4 for the glc 43, can you post the link?
Did you just use the c43 chip?

Cheers
Old 05-25-2019, 10:05 AM

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by bpjarvis3
Hey Dame

I cant see the JB4 for the glc 43, can you post the link?
Did you just use the c43 chip?

Cheers
Yes, I believe the C43 chip is what to order for GLC43.
Old 02-20-2020, 03:24 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
C43 AMG Coupe (2017)
Yes, I believe the C43 chip is what to order for GLC43.
Just curious what your HP and LB FT gains where with the JB4?

I am considering either that or Renntech for my '18 GLC43. Renntech is $3.5K CDN (41HP and 61LB FT gain) however, JB4 is much cheaper...

Thanks
Old 02-20-2020, 03:56 PM

X3 M40i
I got some upgrades coming in and I will post back in two weeks. I recently ordered the EC V4 tune w/myGenius handheld from Houston which has 460hp - 528tq advertised. I also have BMS intakes, Mike Custom's downpipes, PE Retrofit and Jb4. I am planning to stack JB4 on top of the EC tune for better control of boost by gear and topend power. I also bought dragy so, I will publish my times after some successful testing. Hoping to get this 43 into the 11's (crossing fingers).

Back on topic, only JB4 and renntech would probably pass successfully with the dealership. Jb4 because you can uninstall it at anytime, and renntech because they have a good reputation with Mercedes. My dealer is an authorized renntech dealer/installer. That being said, if my dealer was petty, they could flag me at any time as I already have bolt-ons that are noticeable (lol) so I really don't care if I am flagged or not. Jb4 was unnoticeable by the dealer as I went in for at least 4 warranty items and there were no complaints and I was able to unplug it.

Last edited by DameMD; 02-20-2020 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-21-2020, 03:29 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
CL500
RaceChip on mine and been super happy thus far
Old 02-23-2020, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
2015 Challenger Hellcat, 2023 Ram 3500, 2005 E55 Wagon, 2019 GLC63s
Originally Posted by Muskokamarc
Just curious what your HP and LB FT gains where with the JB4?

I am considering either that or Renntech for my '18 GLC43. Renntech is $3.5K CDN (41HP and 61LB FT gain) however, JB4 is much cheaper...

Thanks
I got the Velos tune for my 43 and it was way less than that. Similar power levels to the Renntech tunes. Highly recommend. It comes with the hand held tuner. Btw I’m in Canada as well. In Alberta to be more specific.

R.K.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:44 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
2019 E63s
I know this is an old thread but Renntech is the way to go. Their HHT is the best on the market. Most expensive on the market. "You get what you pay for."
Old 02-23-2020, 11:20 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
CL500
Originally Posted by radride
I got the Velos tune for my 43 and it was way less than that. Similar power levels to the Renntech tunes. Highly recommend. It comes with the hand held tuner. Btw I’m in Canada as well. In Alberta to be more specific.

R.K.
check with Renntech - I was told they are releasing a piggy style box as well for many applications - that might be an option for some
The following users liked this post:
ChiCubs (02-24-2020)
Old 12-04-2020, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gle 43 amg coupe
bro i want this guys number i

Knock on wood, I bought my GLC in April of 2017 and no major paint defects except that rock chip under the mirror and a minor scratch from my umbrella. I was trying to hold it up to put my son in the truck during a very bad storm and wind blew the umbrella out of my hand and metal point on top of the umbrella hit my quarter panel. Left a nice scratch about the size of a dime. It doesn't bother me now, but I was annoyed for about a year. lol

JB4 is preloaded with map 1, 2, 5, 6, and 7. Map 6 can be adjusted for peak boost and BMS is currently working on fuel stuff. The guys in the Whatsapp group are constantly trying to perfect map 6. The best of the c43 guys are running 0-60 3.4 secs and quarters miles of 11.4 121mph+. So it's definitely making power but how much?, it varies from car. On my end, my bro has an audi s5 and I run over him all day and he has a stage 1 apr tune (it's not even close). JB4 also has phone app so you can change settings on the fly, I run map 2 daily or when I feel the need for speed I add a little race gas and run map 5. If I am out with the wife, and I get a little tipsy, I have her drive and set her to map0 (no tune). The guys in the group are very helpful and will check your logs, provide suggestions and even show you how to install the jb4. Took me 5 mins to install mine, because I wanted to zip tie everything to make it look OEM as possible.
i just got. the gle 43 coupe been looking deep into this same concerns. seems the jb4 is the way to go