GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

GLC AMG 63 MTC ISSUE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 04:58 PM

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts
GLC AMG 63
GLC AMG 63 MTC ISSUE

Reaching out to see if anyone had this problem? Wife parked the car Friday at the airport back home today car wouldn’t start? Fist thought dead battery, so I drive down and car has no power. I jump start the car, and it starts .........kicker light comes on and says park and leave car running. First thought is let the battery get some juice. Turn car off to test the power level, and no issues driving home after 15 minutes car is struggling to go past 60. Ummm, that’s weird so lucky I’m near a dealer I drop off the car in their service lot. Dealer closed and will go see them in the morning. Car has 8800 miles ........
Old 05-19-2019, 08:25 AM

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts
GLC AMG 63
Looks like no one else had this problem. Issue solved it was a bad cell in the battery, and a dead battery can be “jumped” but will not hold a charge. Car can be driven, but will operate at reduced power as they car is only putting power to critical system lights and steering. It feels like it’s running on reduced cylinders, and the engine is failing. Again new battery, and software upgrade which was a recall car driver like new. The battery and the upgrade are unrelated. So it this happens to you just drop off the car, and easy fix.