GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Anyone Cross Shopping 2018 SQ5 and GLC43?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 02:10 PM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
Originally Posted by blueC230K
Haha good taste. Sorry that your wife use tanner products. I have leather cleaner with a rag in my door pockets ready should anything happens I have been using Griot's Garage for sometime now. It's easily accessible. You can pick them up at Advance Auto. https://www.griotsgarage.com/categor...ors+liquids.do

Definitely no jeans for the white leather. I will ask them to take them off if anyone needs a ride with jeans.

In all seriousness, you can get the leather coated from stains. I know a few M3 friends with the leather interior who did it and never had stains.
Thanks a bunch. This is my first car/suv that has white leather so I am a little paranoid.

Sorry OP for thread jacking.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 781 Likes on 501 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by DameMD
Finally, somebody on the GLC forum with the same designo interior as me. Please please tell me what you use/will be using to clean the white leather. My wife wears a tanner and it's super annoying to keep cleaning the seats. Trying to find either an off the shelf or commercial product to keep leather super white. Not sure why I bought white leather as I have a toddler and a self -tanner using wife.
I used to have this issue on my m5. I got my wife to stop using tanner or tinted make-up. Problem solved. It also helped in the house too since we have white sofas, white leather dining chairs, etc. My wife likes white too so key is to make her realize you have a shared interest in discontinuing the tanner.

Perhaps buy her a white chanel handbag and then suggest she ditch the tanner since it is messing up the handbag and the seats.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by DameMD
Finally, somebody on the GLC forum with the same designo interior as me. Please please tell me what you use/will be using to clean the white leather. My wife wears a tanner and it's super annoying to keep cleaning the seats. Trying to find either an off the shelf or commercial product to keep leather super white. Not sure why I bought white leather as I have a toddler and a self -tanner using wife.
Get a divorce

Orange is not sexy, unless you are a fan of the President.
Old 07-30-2017, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by MB300AMG
I wouldn't go so far as to call it an egg, but I don't find the new one nearly as attractive as the old one. Granted, I've seen the old one up close in person much more (they're especially popular around the Boston area and I've seen a lot more lately, some modified) but there is something more boxy and I guess muscular about the old design compared to the new one.

I had a chance to see the new one on the lot the other day. For once, I find a older design more appealing. The new shape of the grill is too "Hyunadaish" and the fake exhaust design element is a flop, IMO, on a performance oriented vehicle.