GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Getting Ready to Pull the Trigger on a AMG GLC Order. Questions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 07:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VW GTI
Getting Ready to Pull the Trigger on a AMG GLC Order. Questions...

So, I drove the GLC43 Coupe this past weekend and was surprisingly smitten by it. As a result, I have decided to get rid of my '16 Golf R and order the GLC43. Then, I started thinking - "if the GLC43 is this good, the GLC63 is going to be great!". So, now I'm going back and forth b/w both of them. However, a few questions...

- Will the GLC43 be available with the AMG Performance Exhaust?
- Will the GLC43 be available with the AMG Performance Seats?
- Will it be possible to swap the GLC43 front grill with the GLC63's grill?
- Just like my experiences with the C63, do you guys think the GLC63 will just be way too much power than anyone would really need? If I feel like I want more power from the GLC43, I figure I can just get a tune, right?

Thanks in advance for your insight.

A.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:38 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
2015 370Z Nismo, 2018 GLC43 (on order)
Originally Posted by poops
Yes.

No.
I don't know, but I think not. What I will say is that after having my 43 for a few weeks I do now prefer the 63 front end. Might be a touch overly aggressive for me, but I think the diamond grill will grow old for me sooner than later.

- Just like my experiences with the C63, do you guys think the GLC63 will just be way too much power than anyone would really need? If I feel like I want more power from the GLC43, I figure I can just get a tune, right?

A.
This is the tricky one. For me, the 43 is more than enough in all categories, I wouldn't/won't even tune it. The 63, for me is overkill by a lot. But for some they want/need to have the most/highest of any category. I used to be one of those guys, but I think I might have grown out of it. That being said, I might go for the 63 today just for the grill and the seats. I love the recaros I have in my Z, and while the 43 seats are comfortable I find myself being way more comfortable in my Z for all manners of drives. Now, when they release pricing on the 63 that might change my mind back to the 43.

Fear not, the 43 is a hell of a car and I love mine. The trans sucks something bad–and who knows if the clutch version will be any better–but outside of that the 43 is a great car with plenty of power, great handling and ride characteristics, as well as being enough of looker to you will find yourself taking out the trash just to get a look at her.

I hope that helps.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 781 Likes on 501 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
So, I drove the GLC43 Coupe this past weekend and was surprisingly smitten by it. As a result, I have decided to get rid of my '16 Golf R and order the GLC43. Then, I started thinking - "if the GLC43 is this good, the GLC63 is going to be great!". So, now I'm going back and forth b/w both of them. However, a few questions...

A.
Sounds like you want a fake GLC63. That's like stuffing socks in your underpants.

If you buy a GLC43, enjoy it. Don't dress it up like a 63.

I don't know if you own a C63, but I can tell you the AWD will make the power much more usable in the GLC63 than in the C63.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:10 PM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
So, I drove the GLC43 Coupe this past weekend and was surprisingly smitten by it. As a result, I have decided to get rid of my '16 Golf R and order the GLC43. Then, I started thinking - "if the GLC43 is this good, the GLC63 is going to be great!".

A.
You can never have too much power..... That being said, my lease was up 4 months ago and I really wanted a C63S however; the wife was b!tching about me getting an SUV instead. I couldn't afford the GLE63 and the GLA45 was way too small. Since the GLC63S was not out, I opted for the GLC43. After a test drive I was more than ok with the power and I was already thinking of modding after purchase to satisfy me until my lease is over and hopefully move up to a GLC63S.

The GLC43 has plenty of power stock but I am the type of person that never keeps a car stock. To give you an example of the power, with my basic mods which are Dinan tune, K&N Filters and resonator delete, I can beat both of my good friends with ease, One has a BMW 335i with just a jb4 tune and the other has an Audi S4 B8.5. My friend's S4 is faster than the 335i and I am faster than S4 even when he uses launch control. I recently had a run in with a standard Jaguar F-type coupe and had no problem.

I was a bit bummed when I heard that AMG doesn't have plans to make a GLC63S model for the SUV and only for the coupe. The 469hp and 479tq in the upcoming GLC63 SUV can be made in the GLC43 with just an ECU tune from AMR, OE, or EC. Those Tuner's gains are about the same offering 100+hp and 100-120tq. Now add in downpipes and stage 2 tune and you are in the range of 500hp + 500+tq. All this for about $1600 if you catch Eurocharge with their $800 ECU tune sale and Weistec Downpipes for $800.. You still wont get the "true" AMG experience and craftsmanship in the GLC43 but at least you wont feel too bad not having the power of the 63 model and you will have less weight to sling around in the front from the lighter v6 vs the v8 engine.

I hope that AMG changes their mind in a year or two and bring out an S model for the SUV. When my lease is over I definitely will be looking at either the GLC63S or X3M. I always wanted a true M or AMG vehicle.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLA 250 4Matic
Originally Posted by DameMD
I hope that AMG changes their mind in a year or two and bring out an S model for the SUV. When my lease is over I definitely will be looking at either the GLC63S or X3M. I always wanted a true M or AMG vehicle.
Don't know if this is the thing in US, but in Europe you may have GLC 63S SUV for 91k EUR (https://configurator.mercedes-benz.c...aimpcoverallde)
Old 08-11-2017, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 781 Likes on 501 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by Toma Gregovsky
Don't know if this is the thing in US, but in Europe you may have GLC 63S SUV for 91k EUR (https://configurator.mercedes-benz.c...aimpcoverallde)
They don't offer it in the USA. It's a shame. That's the one I would prefer.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audi
Originally Posted by Toma Gregovsky
Don't know if this is the thing in US, but in Europe you may have GLC 63S SUV for 91k EUR
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
They don't offer it in the USA. It's a shame. That's the one I would prefer.

Same here. Does anyone think they'll introduce it at a later date? It seems that most people who buy/lease a '63' model opt for the 'S' trim anyways...