GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

ASR Module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 05:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 GLC43
ASR Module

EDIT: received instructions, if anyone needs message me. Working just fine now.

Hello, I just received the ASR exhaust flap module for my GLC43, couldn't find installation guides anywhere, been searching for days, they told me it connects straight at the flap control unit, but even that doesn't help much because I don't know the order. Attached are pictures of possible connection points.

Anyone can help me out? Thanks in advance.

The other side also has a similar unit but with just one connector, the module I have has two male two female.

Was told this is used for GLC63 as well.

Last edited by Merc GLC43; 03-08-2019 at 08:29 AM.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:52 AM

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
2010 Audi S4, 2019 GLC 43,07 BMW Z4 M coupe
I received mine 2 weeks ago and love it ! Install was easy ,just had to run wire from trunk to each exhaust valve .
Witch rubber did you use to run the wire ?
Old 03-08-2019, 10:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 GLC43
Originally Posted by lanoipat
I received mine 2 weeks ago and love it ! Install was easy ,just had to run wire from trunk to each exhaust valve .
Witch rubber did you use to run the wire ?

Removed that rubber circle right under the blue and white plugs in the photos, you just reminded me that I need to cut an X into it and put it back in place. Ziptied everything as far from the exhaust tubes as possible.

I would say there is about a 15% increase in the depth and loudness, would you agree? Maybe a tad more, I'll find out in the coming week driving around, especially in S+. Just the cold start/ start not closing the valves though is almost worth the price alone.

Glad you're enjoying it!
The following users liked this post:
lanoipat (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 12:11 PM

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
2010 Audi S4, 2019 GLC 43,07 BMW Z4 M coupe
Originally Posted by Merc GLC43
Removed that rubber circle right under the blue and white plugs in the photos, you just reminded me that I need to cut an X into it and put it back in place. Ziptied everything as far from the exhaust tubes as possible.

I would say there is about a 15% increase in the depth and loudness, would you agree? Maybe a tad more, I'll find out in the coming week driving around, especially in S+. Just the cold start/ start not closing the valves though is almost worth the price alone.

Glad you're enjoying it!
I used another rubber but did the same (cut and ziptied) . You are right , Sound is deeper in any mode , I don't think the cracks above 4k rpm or louder . I programmed mine to go back to comfort mode every time (I am not the only one driving the car) .