GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Paint chipping

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 06:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC 63 AMG. 280 SE
Paint chipping

Does anyone have issues with significant paint chips on lower doors? Bt the car used and there is a significant amount of road rash- obsidian paint and car is almost new. Using Dr. Color Chip and expel to protect going forward but surprised at how fragile a sub 1000 mile car is.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:23 PM

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
GLC43 SUV
Originally Posted by climbernyc
Does anyone have issues with significant paint chips on lower doors? Bt the car used and there is a significant amount of road rash- obsidian paint and car is almost new. Using Dr. Color Chip and expel to protect going forward but surprised at how fragile a sub 1000 mile car is.
have an ‘18 brilliant blue. No chipping issues. Did expel on front end after a few Rock chips
Old 03-27-2019, 03:06 PM

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts
18'GLC63
I did this to prevent any rock chips flinging on the side of the car, so far so good! I had it PPF the lower rocker panels and I made a custom fender protection on my own...

Old 03-28-2019, 06:51 AM

GLC 63 AMG. 280 SE

Thanks. What did you use to make the extension? I’ve asked the dealer if I could purchase the little wing for the rear fenders separately but he hasn’t replied.

The summer tires in 21” are so sticky and wide. I think I will see damage to the PPF if I continue with the same tires. Has anyone found suitable replacement all seasons in the stock 21” size? Tire rack doesn’t have any.
Originally Posted by KumaGLC63
I did this to prevent any rock chips flinging on the side of the car, so far so good! I had it PPF the lower rocker panels and I made a custom fender protection on my own...

Last edited by climbernyc; 03-28-2019 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Photo added
Old 03-30-2019, 08:18 AM

GLC 63 AMG. 280 SE
The little extensio only comes riveted to the flare as one part. Dealer had changed my rear flares before I picked up the car. They are checking to see if they still have the old ones...how did you make your extension?
Old 04-26-2019, 11:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GLC63
Originally Posted by climbernyc

Thanks. What did you use to make the extension? I’ve asked the dealer if I could purchase the little wing for the rear fenders separately but he hasn’t replied.

The summer tires in 21” are so sticky and wide. I think I will see damage to the PPF if I continue with the same tires. Has anyone found suitable replacement all seasons in the stock 21” size? Tire rack doesn’t have any.
I have the exact same problem. I had Xpel applied to the lower rockers, up the front of the rear fenders as well as the front clip. I have the Perelli PZero tires and rocks stick to them like crazy. I had to replace one this week and found out they're not run flats as I was told when I bought the car. Now.... no run flat tires.... and no jack..... And no one I can find offers run flats in 21".