GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Parking Brake Sensor Going Off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2019 | 11:05 AM

2018 GLC 43 AMG
Parking Brake Sensor Going Off

Hello,

So recently we attempted to swap out the brake pads on the front and rear brakes of the 2018 GLC 43 AMG. Fronts were easy, backs on the other hand was a bit tough only because we forgot a step. Long story short we ended up breaking the caliper because the electrical emergency brake system extended the piston out too far and there was no way to push it back in. Reason why this happened was because we forgot to go into the Mercedes menu and let it know that we are replacing the brake pads and what that does is basically keep the pistons down for easy brake pad replacement. So we fixed the right rear caliper along with throw the new brake pads in but I think between damaging the piston last week, we also might have damaged the rear right brake pad sensor. Below is a photo of the error I keep getting. Below is a link to a sensor I found but I'm not sure if this is it and how hard it'd be to replace. Maybe my best bet is to not touch the car and let Mercedes swap out the sensor? I'm probably never going to work on my car ever again although we learned a lot through this process. Let me know what you guys think. The sensor connection fully broke off. The pins don't line up or anything. Have a great 4th!

Right Rear Tire Sensor - https://bit.ly/2NxzTm6